Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

what is this?? options needed about this jacket

Article about: Hello, Found this jacket, don't know what it is.. anyone? non-military? frost? on the back of the buttons: "A" , assmann & sohne Ludenscheid Greetings and thanks!!

Default what is this?? options needed about this jacket

Hello,

Found this jacket, don't know what it is..
    anyone? non-military? frost?

on the back of the buttons: "A" , assmann & sohne Ludenscheid

Greetings and thanks!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture what is this?? options needed about this jacket   what is this?? options needed about this jacket  

what is this?? options needed about this jacket   what is this?? options needed about this jacket  

what is this?? options needed about this jacket  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement what is this?? options needed about this jacket
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: what is this?? options needed about this jacket

east german forestry tunic?? i dunno? It looks like the pre45 forestry tunics of the third reich almost too, just an observation. where did u get it?

Looks similar to many of these East German coats:

East German Tunics Etc.

i would agree on East German Tunic

?

How long was Assman & Sohne in business producing buttons etc? Cuz he said its MM on the back of the buttons. I guess the buttons could be replaced, so that doesnt help date it does it?

just found it on a market, bought it for 5 euro, because the jacket interested me. I don't think the buttons were replaced, doesn't looks that way. no markings ore stamps in it. the innerlining (? don't know the word for it haha) of the sleeves also interested me. maybe it is private taylored ore something... anyway, i do not think it is east german. Seen these east german jackets.. but on the other side.. i do not have a clue

Quote by MySonsDad View Post
    Looks similar to many of these East German coats:

East German Tunics Etc.
    It certainly is not an East German tunic. Very different. I do not know what it is, but my best guess would be early post war west german forestry. Cheers, Torsten.

Quote by Panzer1031 View Post
    How long was Assman & Sohne in business producing buttons etc? Cuz he said its MM on the back of the buttons. I guess the buttons could be replaced, so that doesnt help date it does it?
    Assmann are still around now: Historie I do not know if they still make buttons today but I do know that they produced buttons and badges/awards for the West German military for some time after the war and they may well still be doing so now. Cheers, Torsten.

All I can tell you is this:

The liner and sleeves are CORRECT for PRE-1945 police tunics (double black striped white lined sleeves). By pre-45 I mean 1920s to 1945. The liner is identical to the M34 style police tunics worn through the war. This style was dropped after the war EVEN with tunics that used the "correct" war time green fabric and cut exactly the same way. Keep in mind the German Police continued with their original uniforms minus eagles almost into the 1950s. But this screams pre 45 to me.

If a gun was to my head and I was asked to guess? Police Judicial Tunic. Not sure which branch; court, prison, guarding something, etc...

But that is my best guess. I will do more research. GREAT FIND. Is it for sale?