Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

When were these badges deemed original?

Article about: Luftschutz Badge - Militaria Collectibles buy - sell at War Relics I saw this badge in the classified section and promptly informed the seller that the badge was in fact a post war item. I h

Default When were these badges deemed original?

Luftschutz Badge - Militaria Collectibles buy - sell at War Relics
    I saw this badge in the classified section and promptly informed the seller that the badge was in fact a post war item.
    I highlighted my reasoning behind my conviction and gave a link to this thread - "Reichs luftschutz" pins

Seller has informed me that two people on this forum have okayed this badge, so I would like to know when the H.Aurich makers mark changed to the one seen on said badge?

Below are pics of the badge mentioned above as well as makers mark. I also added some pics of the makers marks from some of my own badges as comparison.
    It is clearly obvious that the logo should have a H above an A where the ends of the H are open and not closed as seen in the item in question. Please tell me how it can be deemed original? Sorry for the rant, but it peeves me when things like these are passed as period pieces.

Tom
    Attached Images Attached Images When were these badges deemed original?  When were these badges deemed original?  When were these badges deemed original?  When were these badges deemed original?  When were these badges deemed original?  When were these badges deemed original?  When were these badges deemed original? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement When were these badges deemed original?
    P
    Many

Please be aware that although the badge in question is considered a post war fantasy badge by some, the issue here is only the H.A maker mark.

Tom

Hi Tom,
    One of the people he contacted was me. I only stated that the maker mark appeared to be Hermann Aurich and that he should do a little research.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Ralph, thanks for reply, but my question is simply about the maker mark. Do you feel that the "boxed" H logo is period or not. I have seen these on all manner of postwar fake and fantasy badges so personally think they are a sure sign of any badge bearing them of being fake. I would just like to know if badge collectors feel the same.

Tom

To be honest Tom, I don't like the maker mark. Don't know anything about the badge.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hi all,

If Ralph has doubts I will just remove the lisitng no problem. With all the folks who look down their nose at our hobby I have no desire to mix it up over one badge. I will take it down. Brian

?

Hello,
    Tom,
    Thanks for starting this thread. There was a thread over on WAF just the other day, don't know whether it is the same badge or what but I also questioned the makers mark and as of yet no reply's to my query on WAF. I also questioned whether the makers logo with the closed ends on the H was accepted as original. Here's a picture of a DSB badge I have that's considered bogus, with what I believe is also the bogus HA logo with closed ends. The other picture is the back of a boxing medallion,notice how the ends are not closed and actually look like an H. I'm only interested in knowing the consensus on this makers logo being original or fake not trying to mix things up with anyone. Thanks for any info on this subject.
    regards
    Duzig(Bill)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture When were these badges deemed original?  
    Attached Images Attached Images When were these badges deemed original? 

Not mine on WAF -not on that site but I am interested as well. Have to tell my other half no retrun on investment on this one lol.

?

Hello Hunter,
    thanks for the reply. Yes, same with me. I'd just like to know whether this mark is good or bad. I hope other more knowledgeable collectors than myself can answer this question. I'm not a collector of badges but every bit of knowledge helps... saves money many times too.
    regards
    Duzig(Bill

For what its worth, I have bought from Hunter65 before and have been completely satisfied with his products and integrity.
    ( and I live 1/2 a planet away!! )

Thanks, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast