Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

White NSKK crash helmet

Article about: Hope this is ok to post here. I would like opinions on the following crash helmet. It is listed as painted white for summer use. I do not think it is Olympics related, might not even be peri

?

Default White NSKK crash helmet

Hope this is ok to post here. I would like opinions on the following crash helmet. It is listed as painted white for summer use. I do not think it is Olympics related, might not even be period paint?. At the other forum it was stated that these helmets were painted white post war for sport use.....bobsleigh and such. I have never seen one of these before, so curious. Thanks in advance.

White NSKK crash helmetWhite NSKK crash helmetWhite NSKK crash helmet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement White NSKK crash helmet
    P
    Many

Quote by visor View Post
    At the other forum it was stated that these helmets were painted white post war for sport use.....bobsleigh and such. I have never seen one of these before, so curious.
    I cannot comment on the item, but that post-war theory makes no sense to me.

If it had been used post-war, it hardly would have retained its Nazi eagle. Also, why would it be necessary to paint it white in order to use it for sports?

Never knew NSKK helms were white. I thought even during the games they wore the black ones.

?

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    I cannot comment on the item, but that post-war theory makes no sense to me.

If it had been used post-war, it hardly would have retained its Nazi eagle. Also, why would it be necessary to paint it white in order to use it for sports?
    It made no sense to me either HPL, that is why I posted it here at the best forum ever. Please donate to support. Ok shameless plug......sue me.

NSKK crash helmet WHITE is the title at WAF, If anyone would like to read the thread over there. It is not the same helmet as I have posted. So at least two of them exist.

?

Is this the one on Ruptured Duck?
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

?

Quote by Rossi View Post
    I believe it is..
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Yes it is.

?

Quote by Rossi View Post
    Yes it is Rossi, he posted it a few hours ago.

?

I have just purchased a item from Bill Shea... Nice guy and family.. I have bought before from him and I must admit sometimes the description of items is a bit / tad different than we would like to see as collectors.
    That being said most items are period authentic on his site.. Concerning this particular piece I would gather
    that I have read through Volume 5 of Hitler's Head Gear and may have missed something..
    Although, there were RAD head gear in "White" authenticated but never seen again ( ? ) concerning the Olympics that year... Perhaps Wim. can add some information on this ..
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

?

Quote by visor View Post
    Yes it is Rossi, he posted it a few hours ago.
    Hey Visor,

I prefer blondes so I like it. I have crashed with a few blondes in life and the wife is blonde so I could use a crash helmet. Hope it turns out to be a good one. Personally I like the helmet but a white leather NSKK is not my area to be of help.
    Last edited by Rossi; 06-10-2017 at 06:40 AM.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast