Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 59 of 101 FirstFirst ... 9 49 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 69 ... LastLast

WHW Tinnies post them if you got them I will start.

Article about: Love the Shoulder boards Chrys.When ever they pop up they always sell for a packet hey.Remaining vigilant though. Nice items mate and as always thanks for posting. Cheers Dave

Default Re: WHW Tinnies post them if you got them I will start.

Quote by Thanatos View Post
    Thanks Guy's
    The bottom of the world at that Chrys. .
    All the best fella's
    Dave
    My stuff from Chrys is a little bit higher up the world than Dave's but still 'down under'
    BTW Dave, how are you holding the flags to the display board? ..... (I'm yet to set a display up of mine )
    Cheers, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WHW Tinnies post them if you got them I will start.
    P
    Many

Dave thanks for sharing! Really nice displays and they look great. Maybe I'll get something going in terms of displaying some of mine one of these days. Dave what is the stag handled bayonet? Is that a police insignia? Is it a custom dress bayonet?

John I also am going to work on displaying some of my WHW items this winter as a project.
    Do you or Dave or Chrys have any suggestions? Or anyone...
    I would like to use a shadowbox to hang from the wall so they would have to be suspended from the back board somehow.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

A shadow box with too much depth might not be the best idea as the badges will tend to hang down if affixed to something with their pins. The use of a frame with foam that pushes the badge against the glass looks much better IMO, like Dave's display, but whatever you decide, post pics.

Tom

Hi Tom this is what I had in mind,I started this display last year but did not get finished with it. Any better idea on how to mount? With just the pins poked through they are to loose IMO so I drilled holes and used small wire to mount.
    WHW Tinnies post them if you got them I will start.WHW Tinnies post them if you got them I will start.WHW Tinnies post them if you got them I will start.

Eric

Gday Fella's,
    All I have done with my display board is to place several layers of newspaper behind the light wool cover and the backing board of the frame.This eliminates the pins sticking to the backing board when I mount them.No rocket science but be carefull.This takes a little time as it's not easy to align them.There is no glass front on the frame.Eric's concept may be an improvement with the loops as the pins don't have to penetrate the cloth.
    It's a TR Polizei bayo John.Heres a link mate.
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/dagge...eweher-119396/
    I,ve added the original handle insignia as this example was incomplete when I purchased it.This took some time as they are hard little things to find.
    Thanks for the interest Gents.
    Cheers all
    Dave
    Last edited by Thanatos; 10-23-2012 at 01:38 AM. Reason: added text

I tried the soft foam pressed between glass, but it bothered me with my ceramic items as some will not sit flat and coud break due to the shape of some of them.
    The ones with missing pins I used two wires, the roll of wire can be bought at hobby stores used for flowers.
    WHW Tinnies post them if you got them I will start.WHW Tinnies post them if you got them I will start.

Eric, I take your point about possible breakage. The system you have going would therefore be, in my opinion, the best option.

Tom

WHW Tinnies post them if you got them I will start. Recent purchase. Tough going as seller would not ship to America regardless of how much I offered. Had to go through a couple of hoops on this one! I noticed that we rarely mention price on this forum. I want to break that taboo because I think we should be aware of whether we're getting a good deal or not. I have no ulterior motives in doing this. And despite all the WHW items I buy I actually have very shallow pockets, I live on disability, so this is not an attempt at bragging about how much money is spent. I would enjoy any feedback by other members as to how they feel about this topic. This set is from the national WHW, Deutsche Baudenkmaler 1942/43 and it ran me $125.00 with shipping included. That seems to be a decent deal, Chrys has it listed as being worth between $100.00 and $200.00.

Hey John,

I would say that $200.00 is a fair price for this piece. Things like this will always command a higher price as they are rarer than the individual 'loose' pieces. These are known as 'ganzblege' and there are a lot of official and non official sets that are available. The market value depends on what the subject matter is in my opinion and how readily they are available.

I am not a price guy really...I say if you like it buy it! This may sound strange coming from what I guess you could consider a dealer...but I do not really look at this as an investment or anything like that. If I like it I buy it...pretty simple!

Chrys

Page 59 of 101 FirstFirst ... 9 49 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 69 ... LastLast