Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Winterhilfswerk standarten or what are these??

Article about: These two little items arrived today. I don't know much about them, even after some research I found out little about these two plastic (feels like plastic) pins. The first one is a Luftwaff

Default Winterhilfswerk standarten or what are these??

These two little items arrived today. I don't know much about them, even after some research I found out little about these two plastic (feels like plastic) pins.

The first one is a Luftwaffe Luftnachrichtentruppe 'standarte'
    The second one is a Fahr u. Kraftfahr Einheiten 'standarte'

I do not have any tinnies (yet) in my collection so I do not know how a tinnie feels like. As far as I feel, these two are plastic. I have seen examples in tin and in plastic on the internet, I highly doubt these are being counterfeited so I guess these two are genuine.

After some research I found out they have to do with the 'Winterhilfswerk'. No matter how hard I search, I cannot find alot of information about these items.
    I have so many questions like: Are these war-related or post-war? Who made these and why? Who wore them things and why? ....

Any information is welcome

Winterhilfswerk standarten or what are these??Winterhilfswerk standarten or what are these??Winterhilfswerk standarten or what are these??

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Winterhilfswerk standarten or what are these??
    P
    Many

You are correct. They are "tinnies" for winterhifswerk drives. They are period manufactured. Tinnies come in all shapes and forms and feature everything from glass pendants of great Germanic heroes including AH to small plastic HJ knives backpacks and canteens. You name it it's covered. Nice items! Look here on the homepage. Best regards.

Brian

Winterhilfswerk.com Web Shop -
    Web Shop Home

Winterhilfswerk standarten or what are these??

A few of mine. They are so diverse and made of everything from cloth to wood and in between. They are in seies and you can see on the reverses of your standarte flags they have numbers so we at least know there's 17 in that series, I guess.

Many thanks for the reply. I forgot to mention I have seen these in Wood also.

I know someone who sells his collection of 'Winterhifswerk standarten', I bought these two from him for a very small price.
    After checking the winterhilfswerk website I blame my self that I didn't buy the whole lot
    Some look ugly and less detailled but at least now I know that this doesn't mean that they are fake or fantasy.

What would be the value of one of these? I paid 7 or 9 euro for 1, cant remember. That's 6 - 10 USD.

I think that's a fair price. Especially given their condition. Nice pickups!

Brian

Quote by Marvinator View Post
    'Winterhilfswerk'. No matter how hard I search, I cannot find alot of information about these items.
    I have so many questions like: Are these war-related or post-war? Who made these and why? Who wore them things and why? ....
    Any information is welcome
    You could buy yourself "Winterhilfswerk", National Street/House Collections & More (A Collector's Guide) by Joseph Cassiday and
    Chrystopher Alexander. I do have the 2011-edition, but as far as I know there is a newer edition as well.

Thanks for the feedback!