Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Another NSDAP Armband for verification....

Article about: This piece does have moth damage. There are holes along the bottom edge. This armband either had an decorative edge sewn on or perhaps it was sewn to something else.

?

Default Another NSDAP Armband for verification....

Here is another NSDAP armband. This one is red wool with a cotton backing with a wool swastika on top of that. This one is small. Opened up it only measures 11 inches. It appears to have had red wool edging on it. Is this one real? Does the missing edge reduce the price on it?Another NSDAP Armband for verification....Another NSDAP Armband for verification....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Another NSDAP Armband for verification....
    P
    Many

Default Re: Another NSDAP Armband for verification....

to be honest,i dont like this one,,,swas is out of sorts,and i dont care for the ribbed material of the circle....

I dont have a warm fuzzy feeling about this one. The wool armband is suspect as well as the swas is out of sorts as Robert stated.

Eric

I'm with militarymania and ez1969... I don't like it either! Haven't seen a woolen swaz on any armband before and therefore wouldn't add this one to my collection. I'd go with one of the generally accepted variants.

Cheers, M. Baecker

The construction is pretty poor. I also would pass on this piece.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    The construction is pretty poor. I also would pass on this piece.
    personally i think this is an early nsdap band, i have no problems with this, no offence to the moderator,or other comments ,as im new here sorry,george w.

It looks kinda hokey to me. George, if you have some evidence to support your early NSDAP claim I and i'm sure many others are ready and willing to be educated.

Cheers
    Glenn

Quote by GEORGE View Post
    personally i think this is an early nsdap band, i have no problems with this, no offence to the moderator,or other comments ,as im new here sorry,george w.
    Hello George-
    Welcome to the Forum. The thought of it being an early home made armband crossed my mind. However, without rock solid provenance, no one will believe it. I know of two poorly made kampfbinde that do have provenance. No offense taken and thank you for speaking your mind. We are all here to learn.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Thanks for your replies everyone. I wasn't quite sure about it because I couldn't find another one out there just like it. I too thought it may have been an early piece due to the fact that it was wool, has moth holes, etc. The edging being torn off was a little strange as well. Without solid provenance it would be impossible to prove it real. Again, thanks for your help and your opinions. All are appreciated.

?

thank you for your kind welcome bob, it may be my eyes,but it appears to have a hole top and bottom , {or moth nip?} so could that could of possibly been attached to an early brownshirt? just a thought sir

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast