MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

armband found

Article about: hello everyone i have recently come across a armband which i purchased at an antique shop, the band seems to be almost orange rather than red, so could it be faded or were there yellow or or

Default Re: armband found

The armband is definitely a bad one. Years ago, I saw a copy of the SA Sports armband with a hand embroidered insignia on the roundel. The emboidery work was likely Pakistani in origin. The roundel was mounted to a cloth armband the identical color as the one you posted. If you have not purchased it, do not. If you have, try and return it.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement armband found
    P
    Many

arosechaos
    ?

welp i guess its a learning process...

so are there any websites anyone knows of that sell original, Authentic ww2 militaria?

and also a site that maybe lists all the medals and awards of germany in that time period?

thanks for the help with this, i really appreciate all the opinions!

?

You can try to find them in our sponsors websites they are not such arare and I guess you'll find one good example
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Today, it is possible to find reproductions on almost any dealer's website. Some on purpose, some by accident. Today, there are so many fakes, it is impossible for any dealer to keep up on all of the variations of new generation fakes. I would suggest doing your homework to discover who the good guys are and who should be avoided. Find out the area of expertise of the reliable dealers and then buy items in that area from them.
    A top ranked dealer will always honor a life time guarantee of authenticity as long as the items have not been altered.
    Take your time and move slowly. The Forum is a tool to help the new collector. I must caution you that not everything can be judged just from photographs. Good luck with your collecting.
    BOB

arosechaos
    ?

thanks for the help!

im gonna take my time and do this step by step hehe

ive been looking for a good u.s dealer because i live in the u.s and it's be easier for contact and shipping ect...

currently ive found the site warrelics.com

and theres a particular armband ive found which has the tag inside it which is very similar to the tag in the armband posted earlier

thanks in advance!

arosechaos
    ?

just to clarify on the armband im just looking for a yay or nay?

The limited images do not raise any red flags. One exception being the placement of the RZM tag. They are always mounted on the inisde reverse of where the white disc is sewn to the band. It does appear to be an original tag. Possibly remounted or replaced.
    BOB

?

IMO the last one is good
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

So, what we are saying here is if an armband has that type of stitching it is no bueno? Hmmmm...I have to go and get one of my friends armbands and post it here for opinion. Boy, he's going to be upset if it's not legit. Lately half of his stuff was determined to be reproduction. I had a wierd feeling about it but thought it was just a varient stitching method.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.