Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Armband Real ?

Article about: Hi Guys,I am going to make this short as possible.....Last year I purchased this armband for a friend of mine son who was just starting to collect.I purchased this from one of the biggest de

?

Default Armband Real ?

Hi Guys,I am going to make this short as possible.....Last year I purchased this armband for a friend of mine son who was just starting to collect.I purchased this from one of the biggest dealers on the net very reputable.....He was looking for something cheap to start and I found this arband real cheap because of the stain and a few small holes in the back..When I received it it looked fine,but I did do the burn test and it was good........I didn't do the blacklight test at the time until last week when I gave him one of my blacklights..It turned out the the white disc did glow...just the white disc not the thread or the material......is the blacklight test foolproof........Heres a shot of the armband.......Its just the principal that if its not real it is a very reputable dealer.......Opinoins will be greatly appreciated..........Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Armband Real ?   Armband Real ?  

Armband Real ?   Armband Real ?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Armband Real ?
    P
    Many

This is a genuine period original armband issued to civilian auxillaries working for the NSDAP. These were usually worn by individuals assisting in air raid assistance. Some are found ink stamped with the particular service the owner provided.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Bob,Thanks very much for the help. I was just concerned about the black light test. I guess it means that the black light thing is not foolproof. Thanks Vinny

The blacklight test is well known to not be a reliable tool.
    BOB

?

Thanks Bob For your help..............

looks ok to me too.

I have always been on the fence with these. I wish I knew for sure if they were legit or not.

Quote by adlerfan53 View Post
    I have always been on the fence with these. I wish I knew for sure if they were legit or not.
    I am curioous as to why you feel this way. Possibly some bad gun show lore? We won't give you bad information. I have bought numerous examples of this type armband from vets during my collecting life. I started collecting in 1956 when nearly everything was original period made.
    BOB

Quote by adlerfan53 View Post
    Eric, I was also in question of these armbands. Then I held one in person and my mind changed. It passed the muster in my opinion but that wasn't proof-positive so I kept looking and found period photographs of the item in wear and for sale. Then of course, there are also the children of the veterans that have them and the collectors that have collected for 50 years that have them. After you get a good one in your hands, you too will get the warm-n-fuzzies. It's good to question, you should always prove it to yourself before you buy! But, these kampfbinde are in fact, period pieces.

Sorry Bob, you beat me to it
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Quote by Greenhorn View Post
    Sorry Bob, you beat me to it
    One minute apart! It is amazing to me how much bad information is still floating around the collector world.
    BOB

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast