Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Armband - Second opinion please.

Article about: The actual tunic shown in the photograph.

Default Armband - Second opinion please.

I have the offer of buying some ww2 German items including this armband, I believe it to be original could someone give me their views as to whether it is real and approximate value. Thanks in anticipation.Armband - Second opinion please.Armband - Second opinion please..

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Armband - Second opinion please.
    P
    Many

no expert ,but looks ok to me.

100% genuine example of a Gau Leiter Eines Hauptamt(Main Office Leader). The arrow is stamped on to indicate which way is the top of the armband. Period pictures exist of these form armbands being worn upside down due to the tailor mounting it upside down.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    100% genuine example of a Gau Leiter Eines Hauptamt(Main Office Leader). The arrow is stamped on to indicate which way is the top of the armband. Period pictures exist of these form armbands being worn upside down due to the tailor mounting it upside down.
    Airborne warrior-
    You're welcome.
    BOB

?

Perhaps he is on his way to buy it for a token amount.

Quote by Anzel View Post
    Perhaps he is on his way to buy it for a token amount.
    Frankly, at times it becomes quite tiring helping out people who pay nothing to support this great site, take from the vast pool of knowledge and do not have the common courtesy to even show any appreciation. Incidents like this make me wonder why I even continue to volunteer my time here. Lately, I have seen too much of this entitled behavior here. I feel they are entitled to do what I did years ago when there was no Internet. Take a chance and find out later whether you made a good buy or flushed your money away.
    BOB

Bob you are needed here because of newer collectors like myself who look forward to your insight and comments, even though the OP didn't thank you for your reply I learned the reason why some armbands where worn upside down...tailor mistake, never knew that, so your reply not only helped the OP but also helps those who follow the post and learn something new, and it is appreciated, so thank you from me! Hope this made you feel better

?

It costs very little to support this forum. It costs even less to show appreciation by way of a simple "thank you".

?

Bob,
    Many including myself appreciate and value your opinion. Others were raised with little regard to appreciating the efforts of others or of material things for that matter. The norm in today's world is to point the finger at someone else, dodge responsibility, spread the cheese and destroy everything sacred. None of us is perfect and that is why I never bite the hand of help which I have seen once or twice in my short tenure on this forum. Thank you for your time and sharing your knowledge Bob.

I own two NSDAP tunics and visor cap that belonged to a Gaubereichsleiter, Adolf Kunstmann. One of the tunics has the armband mounted upside down. The attached picture was sent to me from a gentleman in Germany who found me through a previous thread on Kunstmann. The man's older son had lived next to him and after his death, this gentleman was in charge of cleaning out the flat. He found some old pictures of Kunstman and his sons which he graciously shared with me. The one with his son Wilfred shows the same tunic with the upside down armband.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Armband - Second opinion please.  
    BOB

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast