Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Armbands for Review

Article about: I am a beginning collector and very amateur, so I am looking for your expert opinions and help with this one. I recently purchased these armbands on an auction, and can't seem to find a few

Default Armbands for Review

I am a beginning collector and very amateur, so I am looking for your expert opinions and help with this one. I recently purchased these armbands on an auction, and can't seem to find a few of them no matter how hard I look for them. Also, it would be reassuring (or possibly not) to know if they are, in fact, authentic. I didn't want to overload you with images, so if need be I can certainly add more pictures for review. As far as I can tell from my research, they appear authentic, but due to how reasonable I got the set, it makes me nervous (and would make me mad I didnt buy more things on the sale, which I didn't for this exact reason). As always, thank you for your help and insight, I appreciate it!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Armbands for Review   Armbands for Review  

Armbands for Review   Armbands for Review  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Armbands for Review
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Cool

Welcome to the forum.

I suggest you post each separately in their own thread. I would also suggest you show photos of the inside as well.

these are not my area so will wait for others. That said, with 100% certainy the SS FM is a 1970's fantasy piece. (I own one myself ) Will let others comment on the remaining item

Regards

M
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hello welcome to the forum I do believe they are all fake and some fantasy, designs that never existed. I wish I had better news for your first post but I'm happy to stand corrected. The stamp eagle doesn't look TR at all. Kindest regards.

Brian

Here is a place to reference for the future however there are some I believe dubious examples here as well. The one with the stamp is for the Olympics in some capicity and of them all looked promising as a printed example but the imo bogus stamp condemns it. Not that stamps are unseen on period armbands this is just not one of them (stamps I mean).

Brian

Armband Identification Gallery

Armbands for Review
    Armbands for Review

DRL logo vs armband eagle, different head feet etc. I think too this arband is fantasy as I cannot find another considered period or a picture of one in wear.
    Last edited by bsiwula1; 09-28-2017 at 09:56 PM.

Thank you for the help. Considering how long I searched for some of the pieces, I was beginning to feel they were probably more fantasy than real. I guess that is how you learn...thank you again!

Quote by tampadudetb56 View Post
    Thank you for the help. Considering how long I searched for some of the pieces, I was beginning to feel they were probably more fantasy than real. I guess that is how you learn...thank you again!
    No worries that's what this place is about we ALL have took our lumps and still do. It's all about discussion and education. We are glad to help so in the future post before you purchase if possible. The red RB fire police may not be fantasy but it would not have been marked with a year of production date. Best regards, keep up with it.

Brian

A period stamp

Armbands for Review