Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Is it better (more desireable) for an armband to not be sewn into a round shape?

Article about: I finally got my wool NSDAP armband today, and I didn't know it wasn't sewn into an armband. It's more like an unused armband that hasn't been sewn to size yet, and is still one whole strip

Default Is it better (more desireable) for an armband to not be sewn into a round shape?

I finally got my wool NSDAP armband today, and I didn't know it wasn't sewn into an armband. It's more like an unused armband that hasn't been sewn to size yet, and is still one whole strip of cloth, clearly unused.

Is this a more or less desirable/valuable way for them to be? I'm a little disappointed it's not sewn together, but maybe I shouldn't be?

Also, how should I store these? The wool band is minty, and I'd like to keep it that way. Plastic sleeve or bag, or something else?

Thanks so much as always, for the info and for teaching me new things!!!

Here are my 2 new bands, starting with the one I'm talking about:

Is it better (more desireable) for an armband to not be sewn into a round shape?

The HJ band:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is it better (more desireable) for an armband to not be sewn into a round shape?
    P
    Many

I see more and more like this browsing the threads here. Perhaps it doesn't make any difference at all as a collectible if it's sewn together or not?

I think it's basically a matter of personal preference. Some collectors look for the well worn "Been There" look and some, on the other hand, look for the pristine mint "never been touched" look. As for value, again, it's subjective. Personally, I think the minty pieces are worth abit more than the tattered ones, but , in the end, it's up to the collector who's buying it.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I agree with Wagriff - it is personal preference. In my experience with vendors, unsewn and mint are more expensive to purchase. I have both sewn and unsewn armbands in my collection - I love both kinds.