Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Clemens armband opinions please

Article about: Bob and Steve and have seen far more examples of these than I have, so I would go with their assesment Asker. I really didn't know about the stamp. If Bob says it's a one looker 4th Reich pi

?

Default Clemens armband opinions please

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Clemens armband opinions please
    P
    Many

Default Re: Clemens armband opinions please

Hi Ty, I'm not going to say it's not original, but those photos are washed out and I can't see the texture of the cloth. The rondal looks strange (shape) along with the sewn seams. Maybe a more educated eye can tell from the photos. Personally, I'd be careful with this one if you don't have it in hand. If a seller sent you these photos, it looks like they "MAY" be taken in an attempt to deceive, nothing definitive.

Jay

?

Hi Jay. Thanks for the response. I have this in hand and can be the one blamed for the light photo Haha! I will get better ones up with natural light.
    Ty

?

Here are some photo's in natural light

Attachment 194902Attachment 194908

Much better on the photos, the fabric and craftsmanship are clear, plus you can enlarge it now. Although the rondal is not quite symetrical, it's an original armband. I've never seen a company name stamped on a regular armband like that so I don't know if that is period or post war applied. It looks like it might possibly be period. Not to worry about the photos, I take terrible pictures! One heck of a learning curve for me.

Jay

?

I do not think it is period. The swastika is sewn next to the seam.
    The sewing and construction aren't anything I have seen before on an original.
    I do not like the maker stamp either. Sorry. I think it is newly made.
    SteveR

?

Looking at the later photos on enlargement , it appears that there are two seams , one either side of the roundel, this , to me is strange, also i was under the impression that official arm bands were formed using 6 seperate pieces to make up the swastika unless it was a printed image, rather strange

?

Hi thanks for the feedback so far. I am not sure about the 6 seperate pieces . I will keep searching to see if I can find a comparison or atleast info on the clemens wagner stamping.

Odd construction that does not match any period examples I have seen. The stitching on the roundel is not correct. The swastika should be sewn directly to the roundel and not sewn through the wool. In my opinion, this is a one looker 4th Reich product. I would pass and await a no questions asked example as these are still fairly common.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Sorry, I missed the stamp the first time RZM products such as this kampfbinde should only have the manufacturer identified by code number. The maker stamp is totally bogus.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast