Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Early NSDAP Armband

Article about: I'm considering purchasing this 'early' armband, which appears to be handmade, possibly 1920's, I wonder if I could possibly ask your opinion on it, with regards authenticity ? Thanks again

To be honest, i still like it mate..id buy it...Bob is going to be the expert on this,but from what i see its ok

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Thanks for your comment Wizardman, is it common for these 'earlier' armbands to be smaller ( height & breadth) in comparison to the standard RZM approved Kambfbinde ?
    Paul

ive seen them in many different sizes, thats why they are hit and miss..i like the look of yours, and lets face it, its not going to break the bank ..early on not much was tightly regulated

Cheers, think I'll go for it, there's a 30 day money back guarantee on it , so at least I'm safe there, I'm drawn to the construction & passage onto the market, seems a lot of work for a fake ?

These hand made pieces are a real problem to authenticate. IF it is real, it was made in some one's home on their wife's sewing machine. Can you see the problem? Who's sewing machine and when? In Dresden or in Chicago? How can a person know? As for the size, it may simply have been made for a smaller sized person or even a child. Again, no way to know for positive, but chances are, it was made to fit a specific person so a large roundel may have looked out of place. Was it made in 1928? Or 1958? Part of a school stage costume? True, it is said to be a Vet bring-back, but as always, buy the piece and not the story. It may very well Be authentic, but as for investing decent money into it because it's an early hand-made piece, that is not something that I, personally, would do or recommend. If you can get it for a low price, then you might want to take a flyer on it and pick it up. Unfortunately, it will be something over which you will always wonder.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Wagriff is exactly right...some pointers to age can be thickness of material and cotton, the length of stitches and the smell...pre 50s Sewing machines are very different in the way they work..ive recently been researching these aspects.

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    These hand made pieces are a real problem to authenticate. IF it is real, it was made in some one's home on their wife's sewing machine. Can you see the problem? Who's sewing machine and when? In Dresden or in Chicago? How can a person know? As for the size, it may simply have been made for a smaller sized person or even a child. Again, no way to know for positive, but chances are, it was made to fit a specific person so a large roundel may have looked out of place. Was it made in 1928? Or 1958? Part of a school stage costume? True, it is said to be a Vet bring-back, but as always, buy the piece and not the story. It may very well Be authentic, but as for investing decent money into it because it's an early hand-made piece, that is not something that I, personally, would do or recommend. If you can get it for a low price, then you might want to take a flyer on it and pick it up. Unfortunately, it will be something over which you will always wonder.
    Thanks for your reply Wagriff. I've talked myself 'in & out' of buying this, but you're right, there is some doubt in my mind & considering I haven't bought it, would be a regrettable purchase. If the price, as you & Bob mentioned, was really low, take a gamble, but for this price, I'll keep my eye out for another regular 'no quibbles' piece, rather than an item which I'll be forever wondering !
    Regards
    Paul

Paul-
    If you have to talk yourself in to making the purchase, the golden rule of collecting is DO NOT BUY IT! Personally, from the pictures, I believe it is a genuine period piece. However, you must have definite faith it is yourself. As I said before, a piece like this without provenance should be priced much lower than a standard RZM pattern
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12