Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Is this a fake armband? I'm pretty sure it is

Article about: Hey all, I found a listing for an armband that the seller claims they stumbled over along with a few other WWII items. It looks pretty much like a fake to me, too clean/stitching looks new/q

These armbands are very rare and there have been a lot of these fhave been aked in recent times. I have never handled an original.

I would save your money.

Cheers, Ade.

PS: I have removed your other accidental thread.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this a fake armband? I'm pretty sure it is
    P
    Many

?

Tempelhof, I could easily be wrong about the ranking, the names and ranks were changing so quickly at the time that I can never be sure. As for your observations, I agree that I've never seen the material used exactly like this either. Of course, I haven't seen much of anything. Who knows.

I've asked the seller to take some pictures of the inside, so perhaps that will bring to light a deciding factor, since nobody seems to really know what to make of it.

Also thanks Ade, glad to know my mistake has been taken care of! And I'll certainly be keeping my money in my own pockets unless someone can confirm its authenticity. I won't be taking any risks!

Just to show the difference here is a chart of the regulation period political bands.

Morris

i have no idea what the inside views might show. but i think since we are here examining the armband on the forum, having those images here might one day be handy.

but also, to be honest, i'd like to see if anything is going on with the stitching.

i really do feel some of this armband looks right and the stripes look "wrong". i'm just wondering how something like that comes about? has an original been tampered with?
    could one "lift" a roundel to add stripes to an otherwise common armband for profit? i have absolutely no reason to believe that's what's going on here but i'd like to have everything here.

you buying it? it's a personal choice and i side with Adrian and appreciate your caution. but i also think this thread is valuable whether the thing is good or not and it would be great if you could kindly provide those inside images for future reference by other members as well as for what we do here today.

Quote by Scar66 View Post
    Tempelhof, I could easily be wrong about the ranking, the names and ranks were changing so quickly at the time that I can never be sure. As for your observations, I agree that I've never seen the material used exactly like this either. Of course, I haven't seen much of anything. Who knows.

I've asked the seller to take some pictures of the inside, so perhaps that will bring to light a deciding factor, since nobody seems to really know what to make of it.

Also thanks Ade, glad to know my mistake has been taken care of! And I'll certainly be keeping my money in my own pockets unless someone can confirm its authenticity. I won't be taking any risks!

additional (rather poor) images of originals of this type of armband:

it's an interesting one. that's for sure.

wish i could see it in hand.

?

Yeah, I'm hoping that a view of the inside will show any anomalies in the armband. This really has turned into a tough one! Anyway, I will happily post pictures of the inside when I get them (the seller has not yet replied to my inquiry).

Also thanks for the pictures, tempelhof! Poor or not, they're certainly better than nothing.

To be honest I would let this one go if it was me. Too many variables and unknowns.
    Morris

?

Well, it seems the armband sold overnight, so it certainly isn't mine!

Unfortunately, that also means that the pictures of the inside of the band that I requested may never be fulfilled. Sorry guys!

I'll still be very curious if anyone else has any inquiries as to what this band is, or if it has an authentic bone in its body though. The more information the better!

Now that it's sold, where was it for sale?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast