Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Garage sale NSDAP armband - sloppy construction

Article about: picked up today at a garage sale. Opinions? woolen moth eaten background with a sewn on emblem. No glow under blacklight. What bothers me is the way it looks like the emblem had been on a di

Default Garage sale NSDAP armband - sloppy construction

picked up today at a garage sale. Opinions? woolen moth eaten background with a sewn on emblem. No glow under blacklight. What bothers me is the way it looks like the emblem had been on a different red background and sewn onto the wool. has anyone seen anything like this?
    Thanks
    Joe
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Garage sale NSDAP armband - sloppy construction   Garage sale NSDAP armband - sloppy construction  

Garage sale NSDAP armband - sloppy construction   Garage sale NSDAP armband - sloppy construction  

Garage sale NSDAP armband - sloppy construction   Garage sale NSDAP armband - sloppy construction  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Garage sale NSDAP armband - sloppy construction
    P
    Many

Default re: Garage sale NSDAP armband - sloppy construction

How odd? The swastika round is certainly real.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Looks like two armbands made into one. Question is why and when?

As Ade said, original center at least. The rest could have been made anytime in the last 70 years - doesn't take that long for something to get moth eaten....
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

I'm thinking that a regular armband had the swastika cut out in order to fit into a larger overcoats sleave...It has character!
    cheers, Glenn

Default Re: Garage sale NSDAP armband - sloppy construction

The disc appears to be from a cotton kampfbinde added to wool. Definitely not factory made but likely period as the Europeans of the day never threw anything out that could be reused. I can not see anyone post war going through all of this work
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

The stitching of the seams of the band and it's edges are certainly genuine in appearance as well. Like has been said, it looks like someone made 1 band out of 2, for whatever reasons they may have had at the moment, but the piece certainly looks old and of period. The red material behind the swaz roundel looks to have been crudely scissored off of it's original band and stitched in place by machine. I can't say that I've seen another like it.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Nice find! I love garage sales! Cheers, Robert

I also have no doubt it is period and Pre RZM, but I do wonder if it was repurposed. I see stiching that is differnt that serves no purpose?
    Garage sale NSDAP armband - sloppy constructionGarage sale NSDAP armband - sloppy construction

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]