Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Genuine RZM tags on Kampfbinde

Article about: What kind of paper was used and how were the RZM tags attached to the back of the woolen Kampfbinde. Anyone please? For a seventy odd year piece of paper, if in fact it is paper, some tags a

Default Genuine RZM tags on Kampfbinde

What kind of paper was used and how were the RZM tags attached to the back of the woolen Kampfbinde. Anyone please? For a seventy odd year piece of paper, if in fact it is paper, some tags appear to have come straight from the printer, there's no bleeding of ink, no crumpling and no paper fading, in fact no apparent damage whatsoever. I see this as hardly unlikely. Also claims this is because the armband was never worn would also be suspicious. Others have obvious signs of tag distress which one would expect.
    I see them as being glued on to the fabric [am I right?] rather than stitched, although I have seen the occasional tag stitched into the vertical back seam. What size tag should I be looking for? There seems to be a variety of sizes. Does it matter?. In refering to those without tags, shouldn't we expect a little glue mark or stain somewhere from where the tag fell off. I'm working from pictures only hence this strange request, I've never actually held a genuine armband. Hoping to soon. Many thanks.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Genuine RZM tags on Kampfbinde
    P
    Many

Default Re: Genuine RZM tags on Kampfbinde

Hi mate,
    There is a section on RZM tags in the SS forum.
    You may find what you require there.
    Have a good one

Thanks Thanos, much appreciated. I'll get right on it. A little beauty.
    Last edited by Charles Brian; 12-27-2011 at 11:30 AM. Reason: Unnessesary answer.

Hi Charles, I am sure you find that thread recommended by Dave very useful.

The tags are paper. (I will not digress to woven cloth SS tags as you will be seeing those in the thread Dave has told you about) The paper on originals is good quality and durable with a sheen to the surface. The print does not bleed. They are glued in place. Not every armband had a tag by any means.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks Adrian, exactly what I wanted to know. Good one.