Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help identifying armbands

Article about: Hi guys, I picked up a Hitler youth armband and another one which i can't identify. As well as a p38 holster. Some details. Hitler youth armband - I think it Hitler youth Pictures say it all

themex
    ?

Default Help identifying armbands

Hi guys,

I picked up a Hitler youth armband and another one which i can't identify.
    As well as a p38 holster.

Some details.
    Hitler youth armband - I think it Hitler youth
    Pictures say it all the stamp appears to read, SS insignia and BW or 8W.
    inside is what's left of the manufacturers tag.

Unidentified armband - My research tells me it might be a government armband. possibility for the foreman of communications. The red and gold are very bright. No manufacturers tag remains are inside but there is a stamp which looks like the nazi eagle.

P38 holster - 2 stamps under the lid and 2 leather stamps on the rear. wear and tear on the inside suggests it's been used. the leather is worn from the pistol being removed and replaced.

Hoping you can confirm or correct my findings. As well as an estimated resale value.

All your help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers
    JamesHelp identifying armbandsHelp identifying armbandsHelp identifying armbandsHelp identifying armbandsHelp identifying armbandsHelp identifying armbandsHelp identifying armbandsHelp identifying armbandsHelp identifying armbandsHelp identifying armbandsHelp identifying armbandsHelp identifying armbandsHelp identifying armbandsHelp identifying armbandsHelp identifying armbandsHelp identifying armbandsHelp identifying armbands

2. # ADS

Default Re: Help identifying armbands

Welcome to the Forum. Unfortunately, both armbands are poor reproductions. Your unidentified piece is a poor copy of a 4th pattern NSDAP political leader armband. The construction is wrong on both pieces. The embroidery on the political leader piece is quite poor in relation to a genuine period example. The SS-BW stamp makes no sense for either organization and is a fantasy marking in style. Recently, we had another MSDAP kampfbinde from the same maker posted on this forum. The holster appears to be fine.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

themex
    ?

Appreciate the help.
    knew I would get the right answers here.

Good news is I didn't pay much.

Cheers Bob

Compare your NSDAP piece to the one discussed in this thread. Note the difference in qualtiy of embroidery to the posted original examples.
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/non-c...96/#post330666
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Hi James, welcome from me too.

I am very sorry to say the P38 holster is fake too. These have been reproduced for some years now for re-enactors. All the markings are bad.

Cheers, Ade.

Th P-38 holster looks more like the configuration of a Luger holster,actually.... (even though it's stamped "P-38") William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I agree about the configuration of the P-38 holster. My grandfather brought back all kinds of goodies from the war and the luger I have is in a holster also marked P-38. It fits almost perfectly so I'm wondering if the holster used for the P-38 was also used for the luger or if my grandfather just grabbed the only holster he could find at the time . Too bad that holster is a replica . At least it looks nice AND it could hold a luger if ya have one!