Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help me with this one?

Article about: Hello, I have a opportunity to get this armband. What do you think? These are all the pics I have, the tag on the inside is long gone.

?

Default Help me with this one?

Hello,
    I have a opportunity to get this armband. What do you think?
    These are all the pics I have, the tag on the inside is long gone.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help me with this one?   Help me with this one?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help me with this one?
    P
    Many

?

Looks legitimate.

?

Thanks, I was hoping it was. I don’t see many wool bands

Hello honestly I'm not a fan of this piece. The swas arm gap looks inconsistent, two legs look as though they run off the 90 degree angle and look tighter than the two opposite leg widths. The roundel looks out of proportion (smaller) to the band width, and the red wool material doesn't look like a period weave pattern imo. Best regards.

Brian

Help me with this one?

Hi KW..could you include a photo of the inside of the armband ? ...that should also be helpful in providing answers.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Larry is 100 percent correct inside photograhs would help determine authenticity. I would also compare the one you posted to this textbook piece, see how the wool in your example has diagonal pattern lines I find that very peculiar and haven't seen it on other period armbands.

Help me with this one?Help me with this one?

The armband dimensions look wrong and the poor sewing and shape of the swastika surely would never have passed Quality control. It's awful. look at the width of the band in relation to the white circle, which incidently should be slightly oval shape.

?

No expert but ide say 1 of the worst replicas I've seen

?

Brian is spot on with everything he said

?

Ok cool, thanks for the advice. I’ll definately avoid this one