Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Legit Todt Armband Style

Article about: I am unable to provide a picture better than this, but my question concerns the font used for the words 'Org Todt' on this particular Todt Armband - is it an original variation for this type

Default Legit Todt Armband Style

I am unable to provide a picture better than this, but my question concerns the font used for the words 'Org Todt' on this
    particular Todt Armband - is it an original variation for this type of Todt Armband? I've not seen
    this particular font used for this armband. Any thoughts? Has this Armband been reproduced more
    recently? Any ideas welcomed.
    Attached Images Attached Images Legit Todt Armband Style 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Legit Todt Armband Style
    P
    Many

new one on me.

?

Could you please post more photos this is definitely new to me also

I don't have any other pictures unfortunately.

This is the font I'm used to seeing:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Legit Todt Armband Style  

I was able to see the font in question in use by the Todt Org on a different armband, however.
    My quest was to verify as authentic the specific font used in the original picture. The cuff-band here
    uses the font, more easily seen when enlarged:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Legit Todt Armband Style  

?

Default Picture of Org Todt Armband in wear

bmsmear....Please see pictures. This photo of a Org Todt Man and his wife looks very similar to the font on your armband. My feeling is that you are okay with it. It sure looks similar if not the same to the one you have pictured. If you look at the small blow up picture I posted of it and use the magnifying glass on your computer to zoom you can see the "g" in Org and "period" between Org & Todt (is diamond shaped) and the "T" looks like yours. The "d" in TODT is probably the most telling as it slants to the left hard like yours. Old English type script. Sorry to geek out with all my analysis and hope that it helps.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Legit Todt Armband Style   Legit Todt Armband Style  

Last edited by Rossi; 10-13-2014 at 02:26 AM.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com