Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

my other old one peicer armband!!

Article about: by Polski44 Just tried the ultra-violet .... and there is no glow on flag material and hanging cord ! Gary J. Hi Gary, I think no glow is a good sign on something like this. Cheers, Ade.

Default my other old one peicer armband!!

could i have some thoughts ppl?

another of my red armbands is it good or bad?

regards ewan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture my other old one peicer armband!!   my other old one peicer armband!!  

my other old one peicer armband!!   my other old one peicer armband!!  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement my other old one peicer armband!!
    P
    Many

Default Re: my other old one peicer armband!!

Hi Ewan, these can be difficult to determine from a photo alone. They have been faked for well over 40 years now. Hard to say if it is good or bad. But the colour does bother me.

Cheers, Ade.

hi ok i had someone look at before and they said good who knows the guy i got it from says he found the band with a big canvis german sack dated etc behind a wall while doing a kitchen refurb in the channel islands who knows now! thanks again mate

ade the photo colour is off it doesnt really look like that when infront of you although the armband is quite dirt and dull in some places also the white on the disk is quite yellow witch doesnt show up good as the pics were took on a window sill!

Thanks for the extra info. That sounds better. As I said before, these printed bands can be tricky at times to determine from photos alone.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Talking of one piece items ..

I've had this small printed german "Battle flag" banner for some time, .... and have always taken it to be repro.

However, there is a little doubt in my mind about this, because it is quite well made.
    It has been made from a one piece screen printed piece of material, doubled back on itself and stitched round the sides and at the top.
    The string/cord that suspends it "burns clean" (cotton).

The size is 250mm in length by 145mm width ..

Is it "crap" ... or a proper small bunting banner ??

Regards

Gary J.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture my other old one peicer armband!!  

Hi Gary, basically I don't know. Unless it is a know repro pattern I recognise, I cannot help. The trouble is, so much printed stuff was knocked out by repro merchants on both sides of the Atlantic and Japan in the 60's and 70's it is hard to tell.

Have you black lighted it?

Cheers, Ade.

?

Just tried the ultra-violet .... and there is no glow on flag material and hanging cord !

Gary J.

hi phil well ive asked for pictures of inside but no reply makes me wonder? is that all the red one peice armbands go for? do you think this ones good ? as for colour its more red than in the pics so could be the case with the hj one? but ades perfect example looked a more light orange colour! which i think you could never see on the armband i posted pics of evan in the flesh!

regards

Hi Ewan, here are some pics of an original from my collection which might help you come to a descision.

I took these especially for you this evening. There is actually a very faded faint ink stamp to the inside which I cannot make out the wording. I had not looked at this band for ages and had forgotten about that detail. Not found on all armbands of course.

One thing I would draw you attention to is the wear and general age of the item. Bear in mind these items are the best part of 70 years old now. Even mint items have subtle age to them. Also note the colour here. This one was folded for many years.

Officially printed armbands were not sanctioned by the RZM.

I am glad you noted the colour of the HJ armband

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture my other old one peicer armband!!   my other old one peicer armband!!  

my other old one peicer armband!!   my other old one peicer armband!!  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast