Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

N.S.D.A.P(Blockleiter)Kampfbinde

Article about: Hi everyone, just thought I would share this N.S.D.A.P Blockleiter's armband at what I believe is Ortsgruppe level. Normally I would wait for opinions before I buy , but this one looks spot

Default N.S.D.A.P(Blockleiter)Kampfbinde

Hi everyone, just thought I would share this N.S.D.A.P Blockleiter's armband at what I believe is Ortsgruppe level. Normally I would wait for opinions before I buy , but this one looks spot on to me and is from a good seller in Mario at Hiscoll so I went for it!! I hope you like it. Leon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture N.S.D.A.P(Blockleiter)Kampfbinde   N.S.D.A.P(Blockleiter)Kampfbinde  

N.S.D.A.P(Blockleiter)Kampfbinde   N.S.D.A.P(Blockleiter)Kampfbinde  

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." Ernest Hemingway

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement N.S.D.A.P(Blockleiter)Kampfbinde
    P
    Many

Looks A-1 to me! That is one Heck of a nice band! Good pickup!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Excellent one!

JMM
    ?

Yeap, Mario has nice stuff. Very good armband

Very nice. Just allow me to add that the duty position identified by this brassard is actually Ortsgruppenleiter.

[The armband for a Blockleiter had a narrower band of oakleaves, which was also bordered by just 1 golden stripe above and below (not 2).]

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Very nice. Just allow me to add that the duty position identified by this brassard is actually Ortsgruppenleiter.

[The armband for a Blockleiter had a narrower band of oakleaves, which was also bordered by just 1 golden stripe above and below (not 2).]
    Thank you HPL for giving me the correct position of this brassard, I really must get myself a reference book on the hierarchy of the N.S.D.A.P to avoid making similar mistake's! Also may I take this opportunity HPL to thank you for translating the Ravensbruck letter that I recently obtained from Carl, it's very much appreciated!! Leon.
    "Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." Ernest Hemingway

Quote by HPL2008 View Post

Hello again , just a quick question , is the correct collar tab for an Ortsgruppenleiter the four "pips" and Adler(brown base cloth with blue and gold pipeing) ? Thanks , Leon.

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Hello again , just a quick question , is the correct collar tab for an Ortsgruppenleiter the four "pips" and Adler(brown base cloth with blue and gold pipeing) ? Thanks , Leon.
    That would the collar patch for a Gemeinschaftsleiter. It's definitely not "the" correct collar patch for an Ortsgruppenleiter as such, but might be a possible one. Allow me to elaborate:

The armband identified the duty position [Dienststellung], whereas the collar patch identified the rank [Dienstrang].

The duty postion of Ortsgruppenleiter would have been held by a PL with one of the highest ranks found on the Ortsgruppe level (the highest possible one being Ober-Abschnittsleiter), so there would be several possible ranks, with the exact rank certainly influenced by the size and significance of the Ortsgruppe in question.

Unfortunately, I must admit I don't know exactly which would be the lowest possible rank for an Ortsgruppenleiter and if a Gemeinschaftsleiter - which was the fifth-highest rank found on OG level - was within that group of ranks or too low.

Here is a full list of the final system of NSDAP ranks:

Politischer-Leiter-Anwärter (Nicht-Pg.)
    Politischer-Leiter-Anwärter (Pg.)
    Helfer
    Oberhelfer
    Arbeitsleiter
    Ober-Arbeitsleiter
    Haupt-Arbeitsleiter
    Bereitschaftsleiter
    Ober-Bereitschaftsleiter
    Haupt-Bereitschaftsleiter
    Einsatzleiter
    Ober-Einsatzleiter
    Haupt-Einsatzleiter
    Gemeinschaftsleiter
    Ober-Gemeinschaftsleiter
    Haupt-Gemeinschaftsleiter
    Abschnittsleiter
    Ober-Abschnittsleiter [This was the highest rank found on Ortsgruppe level]
    Haupt-Abschnittsleiter
    Bereichsleiter
    Ober-Bereichsleiter
    Haupt-Bereichsleiter
    Dienstleiter [This was the highest rank found on Kreis level]
    Ober-Dienstleiter
    Haupt-Dienstleiter
    Befehlsleiter
    Ober-Befehlsleiter [This was the highest rank found on Gau level, except for the Gauleiter]
    Haupt-Befehlsleiter [This was the highest rank found on Reichs level, except for the Reichsleiter]

Gauleiter [Gau level only, identical designation for rank and duty position]
    Reichsleiter [Reichs level only, identical designation for rank and duty position]

That's fantastic information , thank you very much for sharing your knowledge , it is most appreciated. Leon.

Right; I had vaguely remembered having read something about the ranks held by the Orts- and Kreis-level leaders and now I've finally found it again:

According to Jeff Clark's "Uniforms of the NSDAP" - which gives the NSDAP's Organisationsbuch as the source - the Ortsgruppenleiter and Kreisleiter could only hold the top five ranks within their level.

Thus, an Ortsgruppenleiter could hold a rank from Gemeinschaftsleiter up to and including Ober-Abschnittsleiter, and a Kreisleiter could hold a rank from Haupt-Abschnittsleiter up to and including Dienstleiter.

And there you have it, Gemeinschaftsleiter is indeed a possible rank for an Ortsgruppenleiter.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast