Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

N.S.D.A.P(Blockleiter)Kampfbinde

Article about: Hi everyone, just thought I would share this N.S.D.A.P Blockleiter's armband at what I believe is Ortsgruppe level. Normally I would wait for opinions before I buy , but this one looks spot

Default N.S.D.A.P(Blockleiter)Kampfbinde

Hi everyone, just thought I would share this N.S.D.A.P Blockleiter's armband at what I believe is Ortsgruppe level. Normally I would wait for opinions before I buy , but this one looks spot on to me and is from a good seller in Mario at Hiscoll so I went for it!! I hope you like it. Leon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture N.S.D.A.P(Blockleiter)Kampfbinde   N.S.D.A.P(Blockleiter)Kampfbinde  

N.S.D.A.P(Blockleiter)Kampfbinde   N.S.D.A.P(Blockleiter)Kampfbinde  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement N.S.D.A.P(Blockleiter)Kampfbinde
    P
    Many

Looks A-1 to me! That is one Heck of a nice band! Good pickup!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Excellent one!

JMM
    ?

Yeap, Mario has nice stuff. Very good armband

Very nice. Just allow me to add that the duty position identified by this brassard is actually Ortsgruppenleiter.

[The armband for a Blockleiter had a narrower band of oakleaves, which was also bordered by just 1 golden stripe above and below (not 2).]

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Very nice. Just allow me to add that the duty position identified by this brassard is actually Ortsgruppenleiter.

[The armband for a Blockleiter had a narrower band of oakleaves, which was also bordered by just 1 golden stripe above and below (not 2).]
    Thank you HPL for giving me the correct position of this brassard, I really must get myself a reference book on the hierarchy of the N.S.D.A.P to avoid making similar mistake's! Also may I take this opportunity HPL to thank you for translating the Ravensbruck letter that I recently obtained from Carl, it's very much appreciated!! Leon.

Quote by HPL2008 View Post

Hello again , just a quick question , is the correct collar tab for an Ortsgruppenleiter the four "pips" and Adler(brown base cloth with blue and gold pipeing) ? Thanks , Leon.

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Hello again , just a quick question , is the correct collar tab for an Ortsgruppenleiter the four "pips" and Adler(brown base cloth with blue and gold pipeing) ? Thanks , Leon.
    That would the collar patch for a Gemeinschaftsleiter. It's definitely not "the" correct collar patch for an Ortsgruppenleiter as such, but might be a possible one. Allow me to elaborate:

The armband identified the duty position [Dienststellung], whereas the collar patch identified the rank [Dienstrang].

The duty postion of Ortsgruppenleiter would have been held by a PL with one of the highest ranks found on the Ortsgruppe level (the highest possible one being Ober-Abschnittsleiter), so there would be several possible ranks, with the exact rank certainly influenced by the size and significance of the Ortsgruppe in question.

Unfortunately, I must admit I don't know exactly which would be the lowest possible rank for an Ortsgruppenleiter and if a Gemeinschaftsleiter - which was the fifth-highest rank found on OG level - was within that group of ranks or too low.

Here is a full list of the final system of NSDAP ranks:

Politischer-Leiter-Anwärter (Nicht-Pg.)
    Politischer-Leiter-Anwärter (Pg.)
    Helfer
    Oberhelfer
    Arbeitsleiter
    Ober-Arbeitsleiter
    Haupt-Arbeitsleiter
    Bereitschaftsleiter
    Ober-Bereitschaftsleiter
    Haupt-Bereitschaftsleiter
    Einsatzleiter
    Ober-Einsatzleiter
    Haupt-Einsatzleiter
    Gemeinschaftsleiter
    Ober-Gemeinschaftsleiter
    Haupt-Gemeinschaftsleiter
    Abschnittsleiter
    Ober-Abschnittsleiter [This was the highest rank found on Ortsgruppe level]
    Haupt-Abschnittsleiter
    Bereichsleiter
    Ober-Bereichsleiter
    Haupt-Bereichsleiter
    Dienstleiter [This was the highest rank found on Kreis level]
    Ober-Dienstleiter
    Haupt-Dienstleiter
    Befehlsleiter
    Ober-Befehlsleiter [This was the highest rank found on Gau level, except for the Gauleiter]
    Haupt-Befehlsleiter [This was the highest rank found on Reichs level, except for the Reichsleiter]

Gauleiter [Gau level only, identical designation for rank and duty position]
    Reichsleiter [Reichs level only, identical designation for rank and duty position]

That's fantastic information , thank you very much for sharing your knowledge , it is most appreciated. Leon.

Right; I had vaguely remembered having read something about the ranks held by the Orts- and Kreis-level leaders and now I've finally found it again:

According to Jeff Clark's "Uniforms of the NSDAP" - which gives the NSDAP's Organisationsbuch as the source - the Ortsgruppenleiter and Kreisleiter could only hold the top five ranks within their level.

Thus, an Ortsgruppenleiter could hold a rank from Gemeinschaftsleiter up to and including Ober-Abschnittsleiter, and a Kreisleiter could hold a rank from Haupt-Abschnittsleiter up to and including Dienstleiter.

And there you have it, Gemeinschaftsleiter is indeed a possible rank for an Ortsgruppenleiter.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast