Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Narrow armband

Article about: I have a chance to purchase a narrow (2") wide nsdap armband. Who wore these narrow ones? It is in pretty good shape and the person wants about \\$50 for it. Is that a good buy?

Kwc271

I also have one, just couldn't locate the photos. Will have a look tomorrow at photographing it and posting it here for you to compare.

Mark
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Narrow armband
    P
    Many

As previously mentioned in this thread, the lack of period pictures of an item being worn is in no way conclusive proof that it did not exist in period. It was only this year that Wilhelm Saris came up with two images of the SA Wehrmann armband being worn. Since the begining of collecting, these had been incorrectly identified as the "S A sports armband." Who has seen a picture of the retired flier's badge being worn? I heard that only recently, an image turned up with it being worn on a uniform. There are a number of items that I can think of that have not turned up in period pictures yet. That does not mean they do not exist in the period. As these auxillary NSDAP bands were intended for wear during air raids, it is unlikely that someone was waiting around during a raid with a camera to document these for a future collector market 70 years later. The period picture theory is a fairly new theory voiced by newer collectors with no connection to the early days of collecting.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Kwc271

As promised. And added a gratuitous EK2 shot in the mix.

Mr. Coleman, couldn't agree more......lack of photos confirms.......there is a lack of photos, nothing more.

Mark

Narrow armbandNarrow armbandNarrow armbandNarrow armband
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

A nice example Mark!
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    I am sorry to say but your information is totally incorrect and likely some form of gun show lore. The narrow auxillary NSDAP armbands have been around since I started collecting in the mid 1950's. I have purchased numerous examples over the years directly from veterans. It never fails to amaze me how many people make statements about the 50's and 60's when they were likely not collecting at the time and also likely not even around. We had a recent thread on these here: Lot of NSDAP Printed Armbands
    kwc 271 welcome to the Forum. I am sorry you received some incorrect information. That does not occur here often.
    With all respects to Mr Coleman that does know his business that is not "Gun show Lore" Lumbstein features a example in his book "Detecting the Fakes" as a picture is worth a thousand words that is not the example I was thinking of Lumbstein shows on canvas and much thinner in width. timothy

Quote by timothy View Post
    With all respects to Mr Coleman that does know his business that is not "Gun show Lore" Lumbstein features a example in his book "Detecting the Fakes" as a picture is worth a thousand words that is not the example I was thinking of Lumbstein shows on canvas and much thinner in width. timothy
    Timothy
    Pg.124 of the book shows the canvas fake. I see where you were led astray. I'm sure if you saw the armband above you would have thought differently. Unfortunately....sh#% happens. We all have a blunder here and there. I once told someone they had a fantasy badge because it was so damn ugly. It was actually not a fantasy badge at all, and original (if I remember correctly)
    Mark

Well that's why I see why some mods want pictures first without seeing it you are just guessing. That armband you show I had one and wish I still had it yours are nice. I am not much other than reference books on the NSDAP stuff and SS forget it with me. I won't even give a opinion unless its a fake I once had ha. thanks Greenhorn timothy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2