Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Nazi Armband...

Article about: I want to first and foremost introduce myself... I've searched through your site for a few weeks now due to my strong interest in Military History. I've searched the site for a few days now

SGT Barga
    ?

Question Nazi Armband...

I want to first and foremost introduce myself... I've searched through your site for a few weeks now due to my strong interest in Military History.

I've searched the site for a few days now trying to find something like this... I have seen one picture with emphasis on another armband in the collection. I have also searched the net and came up with a few different things.
    First. Technishe Nothilfe (A communications unit)
    Second. DRKB (Deutscher ReichsKriegerBund) Member's Armband (Ärmelbinde)

My question is what is this thing? My father recieved it from his Great Uncle when he was a kid. When I got back from Iraq he passed it down to me. He has yet to get any information on the item so I would like to know the history of it. I'm not too concerned of a price or value however for insurance purpose it wouldn't hurt.
    Thank you!

2. # ADS

?

Default Re: Nazi Armband...

Welcome,

What you have is a DRKB member's armband, the veteran's association armband.

~Damian

Welcome to the forum.
    As Damian has said veteran's association.

Eric

SGT Barga
    ?

Thanks guys, my question is were these men soldiers or did these men have a main function during the war?

?

The DRKB was an association of German veterans to aid and gather former veterans in one organization. I couldn't tell you much else besides that, if there's anything I really missed I'm sure someone else would be willing to add to this. Saw a few of these at the Berea gun show last weekend and was tempted to almost purchase one.

~Damian

Yes they were soldiers at one time their function was to preserve the morale and comradeship of former soldiers and to financially assist its members.

Eric