Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Nicht-Wehrmachtangehörige armband - Info please.

Article about: Friends, I just bought this item. I have read about it, but would like to know more information about the item. The photos are from the seller. Thanks, Paulo Sergio

?

Default Nicht-Wehrmachtangehörige armband - Info please.

Friends, I just bought this item. I have read about it, but would like to know more information about the item. The photos are from the seller.

Thanks,

Paulo Sergio
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nicht-Wehrmachtangehörige armband - Info please.  
    Attached Images Attached Images Nicht-Wehrmachtangehörige armband - Info please.  Nicht-Wehrmachtangehörige armband - Info please.  Nicht-Wehrmachtangehörige armband - Info please.  Nicht-Wehrmachtangehörige armband - Info please. 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nicht-Wehrmachtangehörige armband - Info please.
    P
    Many

?

Default New photos

New photos for review.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nicht-Wehrmachtangehörige armband - Info please.   Nicht-Wehrmachtangehörige armband - Info please.  

Nicht-Wehrmachtangehörige armband - Info please.   Nicht-Wehrmachtangehörige armband - Info please.  

Hey Paulo another nice pickup I think! A very attractive armband for sure. This thread provides a good reference and general information on their origin. Best regards.

Brian

Diplomatic Corps Armband

?

Thanks again Brian and sorry for bothering you. From what I understand, this armband was designed for use by combatants who were not members of the Armed Forces, but at the Service of the State. Correct?

Best regards,

Paulo Sergio

Correct. (Although it is not clear exactly who that would be.) Interestingly, it was supposed to be worn together with an army field cap.

Smile

Quote by PSDL View Post
    Thanks again Brian and sorry for bothering you. From what I understand, this armband was designed for use by combatants who were not members of the Armed Forces, but at the Service of the State. Correct?

Best regards,

Paulo Sergio
    No bother at all. I'm glad Andreas stepped in with an explanation, I had no idea there were general orders to wear a field cap in conjunction with this armband, very interesting! I guess then what separated this armband from volkstrum, is that these folks were identified combatants as opposed to general security/protector of the homeland? Really a bueatiful piece and a undervalued item as they are rather inexpensive compared to many other TR era items. Best regards.

Brian

?

Thank you Brian and Andreas for your always supportive and thoughtful explanations. The forum is a valuable source of information and knowledge exchange. I'm learning a lot. Best Regards,

Paulo Sergio

?

I have one of those as well and it has an ink stamp which I cannot read. I know stamps are not well received in the world of TR armbands but I have no reason to believe it's not authentic. I picked it up from the Wittmann site and it was listed as a State service armband, if I recall correctly. Mine is a little salty with a nice hole in the front.

Al

Nicht-Wehrmachtangehörige armband - Info please.Nicht-Wehrmachtangehörige armband - Info please.

Nicht-Wehrmachtangehörige armband - Info please.Nicht-Wehrmachtangehörige armband - Info please.

A nice armband Al! Some may be wary of the stamped armbands but they are widely accepted as period applied and authentic in the general sense. Were some faked? Applied to try and increase a armbands value, or certify a fake as authentic. I'm positive of that. You armband is testament to the fact they did indeed adhere to this practice in period IMO. The wear on the stamp adjacent to the hole I think is proof positive that the stamp was originally there when produced. A nice example . Best regards.

Brian

?

Thanks Brian, the first two armbands I ever bought were very authentic looking and had ink stamps. I actually bought them in a small WWII museum in PA near Amish country they both turned out to be repro's. So I'm always wary of the stamps. Check out this link NS-Studentbund & SA Armbands

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast