Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

NSDAP Armband

Article about: I have posted this here and a small flag in the correct section. As I don't know much of anything about cloth items I would appreciate some help on these. This is put together a little bit d

?

Default NSDAP Armband

I have posted this here and a small flag in the correct section. As I don't know much of anything about cloth items I would appreciate some help on these. This is put together a little bit different than the flag. The swas, white circle, and red part are all different pieces that are sewn together. Supposed to be an indirect acquisition.NSDAP ArmbandNSDAP ArmbandNSDAP ArmbandNSDAP ArmbandNSDAP ArmbandNSDAP Armband

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSDAP Armband
    P
    Many

Default Re: NSDAP Armband

A tricky one.

Construction is poor and it is certainly not a regulation RZM made item. Note the out of shape roundal and overall width of the band to round. But it could be an early peice as opposed to being a fake. I learn towards the former.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

If it lays flat the roundel might look better...?

Tom

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    A tricky one.

Construction is poor and it is certainly not a regulation RZM made item. Note the out of shape roundal and overall width of the band to round. But it could be an early peice as opposed to being a fake. I learn towards the former.

Cheers, Ade.
    Thanks Adrian,
    For me the material feels right . I don't know how to explain this but fabrics like this are not used anymore. For being a thin material it is very strong and sturdy. I did notice the out of shape roundal. Possibly it could have been a private purchase item. Have you ever seen privately purchased armbands before Adrian or any other members?
    Regards,
    Will

?

I fully understand what Ade is saying here. These examples do turn up from time to time, and opinions are often divided. However, the earlier period would also get my vote. If we compare this piece with some of the later, classic form three piece construction kampfbinden, then we may think that it isn't an authentic example, but the standard of many items from the early years fails to match the latter production era items, and this must be remembered. Similar to the garland flag that you posted Will, could well be a nice early piece.

Regards,

Carl

?

Quote by TIGER88 View Post
    I fully understand what Ade is saying here. These examples do turn up from time to time, and opinions are often divided. However, the earlier period would also get my vote. If we compare this piece with some of the later, classic form three piece construction kampfbinden, then we may think that it isn't an authentic example, but the standard of many items from the early years fails to match the latter production era items, and this must be remembered. Similar to the garland flag that you posted Will, could well be a nice early piece.

Regards,

Carl
    Hi Carl,
    Thank you very much for your response. It is nice to have opinions from two very knowledgeable forum members.

Regards,
    Will

You have received intellegent replies from Ade and Karl. I also believe this to be an early piece.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Maybe it was made early on a Monday morning or late on Friday afternoon... The "Shakes" Hasty ?
    Gwar

?

NSDAP ArmbandNSDAP ArmbandNSDAP ArmbandWill - I have one JUST LIKE yours, take a look at mine.

?

Just realized this post was SUPER OLD... haha