Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

NSDAP Armband - Opinions Please

Article about: A friend offered me this NSDAP members armband, I'm unsure about it. I always thought they were three piece items, however looking through armbands shown on this forum and WAF it seems there

?

Default NSDAP Armband - Opinions Please

A friend offered me this NSDAP members armband, I'm unsure about it. I always thought they were three piece items, however looking through armbands shown on this forum and WAF it seems there are one and two piece armbands as well. What do members think of this one. Its approximately 9,5cm x 44cm, red cotton with stitched on white roundel and a printed swazi. Any information welcome.
    Best Wishes
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSDAP Armband - Opinions Please   NSDAP Armband - Opinions Please  

NSDAP Armband - Opinions Please   NSDAP Armband - Opinions Please  

Last edited by AlecH; 11-18-2011 at 10:00 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSDAP Armband - Opinions Please
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: NSDAP Armband - Opinions Please

You are correct Alec, genuine two piece variants are out there. Personally, I would try to stick with the three piece examples myself. That is however, a choice of preference as I just like the look of the classic three piece kampfbinde. As for the piece shown above, I have to say I'm not overly keen on it. I have seen that pattern on the reverse of replicas so I personally am worried by it. That being said, it does appear to be the correct size etc so maybe I am wrong. Wait for more opinions but for me, it is a no.

Regards,

Carl

Hi Alec, I would pass on it if offered to me.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I have to agree with Ade.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

I'd agree with Ade, primarily because forming an opinion of my own would put me in the limelight - if you don't go for it............pass it onto me..........I bloody will!

Mike

I must agree with my colleagues that this piece is not for a serious collection. In my opinion, it is a product of the 4th Reich manufactureing Co.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Hello Gentlemen,
    Thanks everyone for your posts. In fairness to my friend he too thinks it could possibly be a copy. To summarize, the common wisdom here seems to be, when its not a three piece armband - keep away, although two and one piece armbands existed, they are too easy to copy. A simple guideline which should keep you out are of trouble. Again thanks for the help. I shall not be taking the armband.
    Regards

?

I think that is a wise decision Alec. The three piece classic construction that we all know is a safer bet, although recently, I have seen it copied. Funny thing was, although the construction was very good and would fool most...they put the swastika too close to the outside of the roundal, so the whole thing just looked ridiculous. Still, it goes to show that one must remain wary.

Regards,

Carl