Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

NSDAP Armband, Printed Cottton, 99% sure it's fake but....

Article about: I picked this up today for cheap. I did buy it on an impulse, but I'm certain it's fake. The stamp reads "Oberkommando Der Wehrmacht" Just wanted to get some more opinions before I

Default NSDAP Armband, Printed Cottton, 99% sure it's fake but....

I picked this up today for cheap. I did buy it on an impulse, but I'm certain it's fake. The stamp reads "Oberkommando Der Wehrmacht" Just wanted to get some more opinions before I fully rule it out. Makes a good display piece regardless.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSDAP Armband, Printed Cottton, 99% sure it's fake but....
    P
    Many

100% fake. Construction is incorrect. The ink stamp on the reverse side makes no sense.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Showed this to a few big time collectors and a couple of dealers in person, they all saw no issues with it. Dealers made me offers on it, haven't sold it yet though. Not attempting to start an argument, but it can be difficult to tell with these things just via pictures.

Where are the images?

In the case of hotlinked photos as opposed to ones uploaded, im a little confused..you are certain it's fake, Bob who has seen more of these than just about anyone tells you its fake..but then "Showed this to a few big time collectors and a couple of dealers in person, they all saw no issues with it. Dealers made me offers on it, haven't sold it yet though. Not attempting to start an argument, but it can be difficult to tell with these things just via pictures."
    Armbands are actually one of the easiest to tell fakes by photos alone..i dont understand why you posted it in the first place? and is this why the images are gone?..Sorry mate but i collect armbands and i would take Bobs word on them everytime, perhaps in fairness to all you should name the big time dealers

?

How about posting the photos again so this thread can actually go somewhere!

Regards
    Brett

There are many collectors and dealers that are completely unaware, [or quite aware], that they have collected or are selling junk. Bottom line here is if you like it and think its good thats all that matters.
    With the experience and knowledge of the people involved in this forum, I guess you still can go wrong.
    If you ask and decide not to listen, you have gained nothing. At this forum we have several "experts" within this hobby. They will be the first to tell you "I don't know" when they don"t, but to ignore very sound advice from a person with the experience of Bob, is, IMO, a big mistake. Oh well.