Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

NSDAP armband, real or fake?

Article about: Any and all help would be greatly appreciated! This is an armband that I purchased just yesterday at a gun show. It appears to be wool and of three piece construction. The stitching looks ex

Default NSDAP armband, real or fake?

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated! This is an armband that I purchased just yesterday at a gun show. It appears to be wool and of three piece construction. The stitching looks excellent as does the quality of the Swastika. I have very little knowledgeNSDAP armband, real or fake?NSDAP armband, real or fake?NSDAP armband, real or fake? though of how to authenticate these. Is this one real or fake?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSDAP armband, real or fake?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: NSDAP armband, real or fake?

hi , to my eyes the swastika appears to be of one piece construction and looks like felt . a sharper pic of the swastika would help . if its felt, its the kiss of death for this armband......paul

The Swastika is one piece and it feels like felt. So basically a felt Swastika is a fake for sure?

?

hi , yes any armband constructed with felt as a component is postwar. use the search function on the forum and you will find originals to compare with. welcome to the forum ,its a great learning tool . you will find people willing to help with any questions you may have . ,,,,,paul

Well thanks for your help Paul! I guess I will have to keep searching to find a real one. I have had far better luck with Third Reich photographs through the years then cloth. There are just so many reproductions of everything sadly, I wish that wasn't the case but I think that is true for everyone.

I hope there is a chance you can return it ? I agree no good sorry post before you buy it you will save you tons!!!

Eric