Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

NSDAP Armband with SA ink stamp, original?

Article about: I'm thinking about ordering this armband as it's the style I want and it has the RZM tag. The only concern I have is the ink stamp. I'm always leery about items that are stamped, that's ofte

Default NSDAP Armband with SA ink stamp, original?

I'm thinking about ordering this armband as it's the style I want and it has the RZM tag. The only concern I have is the ink stamp. I'm always leery about items that are stamped, that's often a thing people do to make a reproduction look more "official". What do you guys think?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSDAP Armband with SA ink stamp, original?
    P
    Many

Looks alright to me, friend...I speculate that the owner was a member of the SA in Kolmar as evidenced by the duty-stamp...
    cheers, Glenn

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    Looks alright to me, friend...I speculate that the owner was a member of the SA in Kolmar as evidenced by the duty-stamp...
    cheers, Glenn
    Thanks for the reply, I think it's good as well. I'm just comparing close up pictures of the fabric weave and stitching with other known genuine pieces. Looks original to me.

Although I'm wondering why it would be stamped with an SA stamp. Didn't the SA have their own armbands?

Just placed the order! Very happy to have been able to get this piece for my collection, paid $60 for it. Thanks for the replies friends.

i have always liked political armbands with correct eigentum stamps. This is a nice add to your collection.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Nice item , i've learned that when an armband is stamped on the inside that's when you have to worry. Yours looks great , great price too. Wish i would be lucky enough to find such a bargain. Great score.

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    i have always liked political armbands with correct eigentum stamps. This is a nice add to your collection.
    Thanks for the reply Bob.

I've been doing some research on the stamp, more accurately what the stamp says. As far as I can tell it reads :
    SA DER NSDAP
    Dienstsitze
    Kolmar

I could very much be wrong about "Dienstsitze" as part of the word is cut off, but as it translates to English as "official residence" and "Kolmar" being below that makes sense in my head. Kolmar being translated from the French "Colmar" during the time of its annexation by Nazi Germany, but that wasn't until 1940. I can't find much information on what the SA did whilst in Kolmar.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to find this particular ink stamp used elsewhere, but I'm still searching.

Quote by jimm View Post
    Nice item , i've learned that when an armband is stamped on the inside that's when you have to worry. Yours looks great , great price too. Wish i would be lucky enough to find such a bargain. Great score.
    I usually end up overpaying for the items I buy, just like I did with my Volkssturm armband...but occasionally I do find a couple good deals so it all evens out.

The stamp reads SA der NSDAP Dienststelle (Duty Office) Kolmar...
    cheers, Glenn

JMM
    ?

Very nice armband at a very very good price
    Congrats