Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

NSDAP arnband and Pre war nsdap armband

Article about: Hi all i have found two NSDAP armband one is earlier and the other is a 3 piece construction from what i can guess the first one top two photos and second row left looks funny, the swas is b

Default NSDAP arnband and Pre war nsdap armband

Hi all i have found two NSDAP armband one is earlier and the other is a 3 piece construction from what i can guess the first one top two photos and second row left looks funny, the swas is bulky and it touches the outside of the white disc at two points but not at the other two, the other armband second row right and bottom two pictures is the tree piece construction white disc is roughly cut and the swas arm looks bent, i am only a novice in collecting so any opinions are appreciated as always

regards
    James

NSDAP arnband and Pre war nsdap armbandNSDAP arnband and Pre war nsdap armbandNSDAP arnband and Pre war nsdap armbandNSDAP arnband and Pre war nsdap armbandNSDAP arnband and Pre war nsdap armbandNSDAP arnband and Pre war nsdap armband

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSDAP arnband and Pre war nsdap armband
    P
    Many

The cotton piece appears to be genuine. From the images, I have concerns about the wool example as the swastika is very poorly executed and not symetrical. The white disc also is not a continual arc. That one would not be for me.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Hi Bob thank you for your input the cotton one being the top one? The top three photos? And the woolen one being the bottom three? Regards James

NSDAP arnband and Pre war nsdap armband
    I agree with sir Coleman. This is the wool one as the swaz looks to be made of wool to me also and odd IMO.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Correct me if I'm wrong but arent all one piece swastika armbands postwar? It looks to be one pice

Hi Eric thank you for pointing that out to me I understand now what bob meant about the swas not being symmetrical thanks guys

Quote by James3567 View Post
    Hi Bob thank you for your input the cotton one being the top one? The top three photos? And the woolen one being the bottom three? Regards James
    You are correct.
    BOB

Quote by DeLuxxe View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but arent all one piece swastika armbands postwar? It looks to be one pice
    Usually this is the case. However, I have seen very early homemade kampfbinde with such construction. A piece like this must pass on it's own merits in hand as photos would not be a fair way to judge such a piece. Early homemade ones are very rare but they do exist.
    BOB

the seller of the bottom armband has got back to me claiming it is cotton not wool does that make a difference in your opinion bob or is the seller just mistaken?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSDAP arnband and Pre war nsdap armband