Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

NSDAP Kampfbinde - Cotton Version - Is it a good one?

Article about: Hi Ed, just got it out of the display cabinet and taken some pics for you. I have owned this one for at least 30 years plus. It came with a small group of other original material. As you can

Hi Ed, just got it out of the display cabinet and taken some pics for you.

I have owned this one for at least 30 years plus. It came with a small group of other original material.

As you can see it has been worn and has slight wear along the edges and seams and has an overall patina. It has been displayed flat for as long have owned it, yet it still displays the creases where it was once folded, maybe to go in someone's pocket? Note how the screen printed ink leaches through the material. The red ink has bled though more heavily on one end of the armband than the other. No glow under a UV light.

Hope this helps?

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo1.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	224.4 KB 
ID:	690501   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo2.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	220.7 KB 
ID:	690502  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo3.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	224.7 KB 
ID:	690505   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo4.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	225.7 KB 
ID:	690506  

Name:	photo5.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	220.9 KB 
ID:	690507  
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

ETF
    ?

Hi Ade,
    Yes, this helps very much. Thanks for posting the photos Ade. After seeing yours I must say that I don't have a good feeling about mine. Yours looks very good in terms of proper aging, the print type(both sides), stitching and material as well as color of the material. Comparing photos really does help a lot. After comparing the photos I believe that mine is most likely a fake.
    Thanks again.
    Ed

My pleasure Ed! Plus I need to take some decent pics of it and this gave me the incentive.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

ETF
    ?

Default NSDAP Kampfbinde

Bob,
    As usual...you hit the nail on the head. Although I wish the outcome were better. IMO...better to know than not. And in some cases ignorance is not bliss.

Thanks much.

Ed

?

roger that

No opinion other than I have never seen one like it and I also study old fakes.
    I am Delta watcher...........

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Something I had forgotten about mine. There is a printed text on the back, very faint and I cannot read it. But I thought it worth showing.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NSDAP printed armband 002.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	229.8 KB 
ID:	692908  

ETF
    ?

Ade, Is the print handwritten or a "set" stamp? Maybe a person's name if handwritten? If a set type maybe the name of a city or Standarte?
    I can see what appears to be "furt" for the last four letters...Frankfurt? Could be Stuttgart?? It's hard to make out if there are any letters following "furt" or "gart"
    Very interestng though. Markings always make an item more interesting....
    Ed

Pic of French armband not the same but of same period I have.

Name:	r.n.p.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	252.8 KB 
ID:	693260

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

ETF
    ?

Eric,

Thanks for posting the photo. I must say that the construction and print are very close to the NSDAP kampfbinde that Ade posted.

Regards,
    Ed

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12