Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

NSDAP Kampfbinde - My First Buy

Article about: This armband was my first buy circa 1999, I bought it for £20 down Brick Lane market in the east end of London where I lived at the time. The stall holder also had an SS armband for £40 but

Default NSDAP Kampfbinde - My First Buy

This armband was my first buy circa 1999, I bought it for £20 down Brick Lane market in the east end of London where I lived at the time. The stall holder also had an SS armband for £40 but in poorer condition though I wished I'd bought it now. The market was great for unearthing a few treasures occasionally.

My girlfriend at the time was horrified I'd bought it but I thought it looked great and loved all the detail in it. Though I can't quite work out what the gold writing says 'original...'. It panicked me at first as I didn't think 'original' was a German word!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSDAP Kampfbinde - My First Buy   NSDAP Kampfbinde - My First Buy  

NSDAP Kampfbinde - My First Buy   NSDAP Kampfbinde - My First Buy  

NSDAP Kampfbinde - My First Buy   NSDAP Kampfbinde - My First Buy  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSDAP Kampfbinde - My First Buy
    P
    Many

Looks great, and you are lucky to have the ink stamps on it. They were applied to the raw cloth at (x) metre intervals, maybe only one in 10 have them ( a guess but you get the idea), that's if they aren't worn off.

I'm guessing this would be about as minty(ish) and marked up as these get, I've actually never seen those particular stampings before... looks great! £20 would be a bargain, at least nowadays..

Very nice!

A nice original piece. However, it has the wrong code RZM tag on it. The "B" code should be on a cotton band. Wool requires a "D" tag. The tag is genuine. One will never know if the seller added it or it was misapplied after manufacture.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Thanks for appreciation gentlemen and also that info Bob, something I wasn't aware of. There is always so much to learn about Third Reich collectibles.

Love that one.