Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Which NSDAP Kampfbinde would Adolf Hitler have worn?

Article about: I believe Hitler as well as the rest of the higher ups wore armbands made of wool, but I cannot be sure. Something I've always been curious of. In the photos you see of him, his armband does

Default Which NSDAP Kampfbinde would Adolf Hitler have worn?

I believe Hitler as well as the rest of the higher ups wore armbands made of wool, but I cannot be sure. Something I've always been curious of. In the photos you see of him, his armband doesn't appear to be anything special. Which brings me to my next question: Which armbands are early and which are later?

My understanding from research is that the wool armbands came first, then the cotton multi-piece construction, then finally the printed armbands. As the war went on, cheaper alternatives were needed thus printed cotton just like with the Volkssturm and HJ armbands.

I see pictures of various "Political Leader" armbands, but they look nothing like the armbands worn by Hitler, Goebbels etc in the photos and videos. They seem to be wearing regular party bands.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Which NSDAP Kampfbinde would Adolf Hitler have worn?
    P
    Many

Der Fuhrer was a modest man he keeped it simple.

Indeed he was. It's funny to see some of the past dictators and other higher ups from around the world decorating themselves with every military + political award possible. Wearing a jacket covered in medals, ribbons, and brass. Ahem, for example:

Not Adolf though. Every badge he wore was earned fair and square.

Anyone else have some input? I suppose the real question is which style/material of the NSDAP armbands came first?

Edit: Oh wait, I see now. Wool for wear on the wool tunics, cotton for wear on the shirts. Printed armbands came later of course. Well...that solves that.
    Last edited by RailwayEagle; 04-24-2014 at 05:12 PM.