Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

NSDAP Leaders Armband - Up for Review

Article about: I was offered this wool armband at the weekend. I didn't know exactly what it was for - suspect it may be NSDAP Kreisleiter, Hauptamptleiter, Ortsgruppen Führer. Could members tell me who wo

?

Default NSDAP Leaders Armband - Up for Review

I was offered this wool armband at the weekend. I didn't know exactly what it was for - suspect it may be NSDAP Kreisleiter, Hauptamptleiter, Ortsgruppen Führer. Could members tell me who wore such a armband, whether its original and what price range they trade at. Any information welcome.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSDAP Leaders Armband - Up for Review   NSDAP Leaders Armband - Up for Review  

NSDAP Leaders Armband - Up for Review   NSDAP Leaders Armband - Up for Review  

NSDAP Leaders Armband - Up for Review  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSDAP Leaders Armband - Up for Review
    P
    Many

Default Re: NSDAP Leaders Armband - Up for Review

Hi Alec, it is missing the pip from the middle of the swastika.

Compare to here:

Uniforms of the NSDAP - Armbands

I cannot rember the rank level as political stuff is not really my thing.

Cheers, Ade.

It is definitely a fake. The embroidery is not up to the level of period work. The RZM tag is also incorrect. this is likely Pakistani 4th Reich junk.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

i am with Bob on this one,,bad embroidery on this and many other red flags

Compare the quality of embroidery and construction of these period kampfbinde for a Reichsleiter and a Kreisleiter against that piece of 4th Reich junk. I believe we discussed a similar piece on the Forum several months ago.
    NSDAP Leaders Armband - Up for ReviewNSDAP Leaders Armband - Up for Review
    BOB

Its a Shame that so many items have been "Faked" over the years, sigh, It has really discouraged many collectors, and even myself at times as its hard to trust dealers and markets, when you don't know if you are getting the "Real Deal" or not. You always cannot get a picture to send for you folks to view for authenticity or not either.

?

Gentlemen, Thanks for your posts. I looked at a number of similar armbands on Weitze's site, real armbands come in the 400 - 700 euro range. I accept the one I showed is a fake, the embroidery is way below par, in fact it appears to be leaf tresse stitched on the top & bottom of the armband, the ends are shown sticking out on the inside shot of the armband. Could you elborate a little on whats not right with the RZM tag. To my untutored eye, it looks a lot like a red HJ tag. Where as the all the tags shown on Weitze's armbands were blue - is this one of the red flags ?. Any information you wish to share would be welcome.
    Best Wishes

It looks like a HJ tag to me, but I could be wrong. Someone might of just ripped the HJ insignia off.

An "A" code is the lowest tax level tag. With the embroidery work, a genuine tag would have at least a "F" tax code.
    BOB

?

Hello Bob,
    Your last post although only a couple of lines, after reading it, gave me a insight and set me off yesterday on a search. Until then I'd not realized the significance of the tags and the system that operated behind them or how much information could be gleaned from these RZM labels, to be honest I was ignorant about them - had quite a crash course on the internet. Had another look at Weitze's armband offerings, all had a J tax code. Thanks once again for the post.
    Best Wishes