Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

NSDAP party armband

Article about: Hello Gent's, i think this a good pre RZM party armband. but i can be wrong. i have seen others with white thread on the edge. the swaz is folded and the right material. under a black light

?

Default NSDAP party armband

Hello Gent's,
    i think this a good pre RZM party armband. but i can be wrong. i have seen others with white thread on the edge. the swaz is folded and the right material. under a black light its fine if that still helps. any one else have one like it ?
    andrew
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSDAP party armband   NSDAP party armband  

NSDAP party armband   NSDAP party armband  

NSDAP party armband   NSDAP party armband  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSDAP party armband
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: NSDAP party armband

In my opinion it is a replica.
    The stiching is zig zag on the circle instead of straight and the swastica is sewn through the circle and armband. Plus the edge stiching is white rather than red.
    3 red flags for me. I have never seen white thread on the edges or at least I have never owned one.
    Hope this helps you.

?

thanks steve,
    i have seen others with the white thread. i think pre RZM there were some different things. this came with a box of flags i picked up. i think the material is right. the zig zag stitch i think is fine, i have seen many like it. there were so many different materials and stitching of these things. i'm looking at some on dealers sites now. even seeing some with the scaloped style swaz like on a small flag i have. the ones i'm looking at on the dealers sites have a a number of stitching styles. as well as disk materials. i found one on line with the white stitch edge. i have not bought from dealers on line, so i dont know who is reputable. this is on Bill Sheas site. it is a printed version and narrow. but it does have the white thread. it bug's me a bit too . just like the sewn threw swaz. but there are so many vareations in these bands, pre RZM
    no disrespect intended steve.
    C-602 Party Rally Cloth Armband
    Last edited by Andrew; 08-03-2011 at 08:39 PM. Reason: forgot the link

Personally I would pass on it. Far too many "if's".

Cheers, Ade.

Very odd construction. I would not rule it out as a very early example made before controls on manufacturing were in place. It appears to have a lot of extra work that a faker would not attempt. An in hand examination would confirm my thoughts.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

thank you gents,
    i tend to side with bob my self. and i'd be more than happy to stick it in an envelope and mail it to bob at my expence both ways. just because i do believe in the piece being an early one pre rzm. and hands on is always best. so if your interested bob, i'd be happy to send it your way for a better look. just PM me. its not like its a spendy item. its just a matter of principal. not all TR stuff conforms to norms.
    andrew

With these type of "non textbook" items, a decision must be made comparing the construction to comparable items. A friend of mine who has been collecting since the 1950's showed me an armband he received as a gift from an early member of SA Gruppe Hochland. The crudeness of that piece make your armband look textbook. However, the provenance made the authenticity concrete for the collector.
    I do not think sending this piece to me would be worth the cost. I beleive it to be an early non conforming piece.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

thank you very much Bob. i have a crude made flag i think is pre RZM as well. but i'm just throwing it in on a deal.
    it's good for collectors to see oddities like this, and to understand that pre RZM things can vary quite a bit.
    andrew

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    Very odd construction. I would not rule it out as a very early example made before controls on manufacturing were in place. It appears to have a lot of extra work that a faker would not attempt. An in hand examination would confirm my thoughts.
    I agree with Bob.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

?

thank you all for taking a look at this non typical piece. i know Lakesidetrader has a very good reputation for original items. while looking at his armband section i found 2 with white thread borders. so it's not unheard of i guess. i hope he wont mind me posting links to the two i looked at.
    http://www.lakesidetrader.com/pics/ab-323d.jpg
    http://www.lakesidetrader.com/pics/ab-330d.jpg
    i just hope this can help other collectors with non typical pieces. on some things there is hope. on other things, not so much.
    andrew