Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Odd Armband

Article about: Can anyone offer opinions as to this armband and its authenticity, Im torn, materials and assembly look ok to me, but the pip in the middle, I have never seen. Also the stamp is worn and har

Brindlereo
    ?

Default Odd Armband

Can anyone offer opinions as to this armband and its authenticity, Im torn, materials and assembly look ok to me, but the pip in the middle, I have never seen. Also the stamp is worn and hard to read.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Odd  Armband   Odd  Armband  

Odd  Armband   Odd  Armband  

2. # ADS

pjm
    ?

Default Re: Odd Armband

It appears to be an original armband. The pip sewn to the center is unusual. As the pip is a sew on type, it could very well be absolutely original but an early type before uniform regulations were more standardized.

The pip design is used by Reichsbahn and others. Hopefully, someone with more knowledge will offer some information.

Stamped armbands have a bad reputation but, again, some early ones like NSBO, etc usually are stamped.

The eagle pattern on the stamp is early so that's a good sign and would fit the suggestion that the armband is an earlier piece.

I agree with Paul that the armband is 100% correct. Can you make out what the issue stamps says?
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Brindlereo
    ?

Thanks for the responses PJM and Bob.

I wish I could make out the stamp. I noticed it has two words just left of center, I was hoping that someone might recognize this type stamp if they had seen it before. Most stamps seem to have words just around the border.

Also, does anyone have a reference photo or book description of this pip. I have still not seen it in any other place.

Thanks

Mark

Brindlereo
    ?

I played around with the stamp in adobe, I still was not able to read the words, but I think I made out the number 31 to the right middle next to the eagle, almost invisible in the pictures here.

Mark

Brindlereo
    ?

Found this interesting pic of the boss man with what appears to be a pip on his armband. pic dated 33
    Attached Images Attached Images Odd  Armband 

pjm
    ?

Pips in the center of the swastika were used on early NSDAP armbands to denote rank and the practice was continued for political leaders later.

Because this armband is early, it may be difficult to find its specific use. The pip style, as mentioned, was used by Reichsbahn but also by some Weimar era police prior to the restructuring of the national police organization.

The use of this pattern pip could imply a relationship to Reichsbahn or police or simply that it was locally available.

I tried to read the word next to the eagle on the stamp but couldn't. Usually the top is "Nationalsozialistische Arbeiter Partei" and the lower has the "Ortsgruppe (city name)" or other unit designation "Kreisleitung (name) etc.

The word next to the eagle would provide a major clue as to the organization.

thanks for the info in this thread guys!

Brindlereo
    ?

NO luck finding anything more about this armband, or a representation of the pip. Here is a super close-up of the 2 words left of the eagle on the stamp. First word looks like STRM. to me but not sure.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Odd  Armband  

pjm
    ?

To me it appears as a hyphenated word. I've tried manipulating the image as well but still cannot see much.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast