Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

ODD Armbands...

Article about: This first armband I believe to be either a fantasy piece or for a Foreman in a factory.. Thoughts? The second is one I believe to be The arbeitseinsatzstab, an officers armband and is relat

?

Default ODD Armbands...

This first armband I believe to be either a fantasy piece or for a Foreman in a factory.. Thoughts?

The second is one I believe to be The arbeitseinsatzstab, an officers armband and is related to a newly (late war) formulated administrative organization named - arbeitseinsatzverwaltung. Thoughts on this piece? Of course these are the only photos I have. Although - I have seen one other one with the exact same construction. odd - but the "cuff title" is sewn right into the armband, as was the one I saw. I have not seen any period examples of its wear - so its a bit foreign to Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150310_1.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	229.5 KB 
ID:	814146me.. Anyone have any experience with this one??

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150310_3.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	226.6 KB 
ID:	814147

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

?

Here is one that was listed by hiscoll. You will need better pictures to get a proper response. Inside and out. From what I can see, the arbeits (labour mobilization staff) looks good......IMO.

The other I have not encounterd or researched yet.

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	117.2 KB 
ID:	814151
    "You will get all the rest you need in the grave"

?

Thanks man - that is the exact one that I saw. Just haven't seen any others.

I will not be able to get any more photos. I'm concerned with "existence" at this point. Especially with the Foreman one.

I also didn't see a "price" for the one on Hiscols either....?

?

Here is another rad armband, I have not seen any period photos of it, but it is legit. It has the same construction as the title on your armband.

Views:	41 
Size:	54.2 KB 
ID:	814249

As to price, we usually do not discuss that on this forum.....but.... I have seen the following todt armband listed for almost 600 us. I would guess yours would be close to that.

Views:	48 
Size:	123.3 KB 
ID:	814250

?

Thanks!

I realize we don't discuss price- I was asking if you saw what Hiscol had theirs listed for. No worries. I do realize the armband I posted is a lot harder to find than the Org. Todt one.

Thanks for your time!....

?

No problem Duff. Hope I helped. Great piece by the way.

Quote by Duff View Post
    This first armband I believe to be either a fantasy piece or for a Foreman in a factory.. Thoughts?
    The term Rangierleiter roughly translates as "shunting controller". This refers to the person in charge of coordination/communication between railway personnel undertaking shunting work at railway facilities and responsible for giving orders/signals to engine drivers.

?

HPL - appreciate the info! I read that this word can be used for "shunting" or "Foreman." I like you explanation! Have you seen one like this before?.....

Thanks!

Quote by Duff View Post
    HPL - appreciate the info! I read that this word can be used for "shunting" or "Foreman."
    No, definitely not. A foreman is a Vorarbeiter.

Rangierleiter is a composite noun formed from rangieren, which means to shunt, switch, maneuver etc. and Leiter which means leader, head, controller, manager etc.

Quote by Duff View Post
    I like you explanation! Have you seen one like this before?.....
    No; but this is outside my collecting interests.

?

Roger, copy all!

Thank You for your comments!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast