Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

ODD Armbands...

Article about: This first armband I believe to be either a fantasy piece or for a Foreman in a factory.. Thoughts? The second is one I believe to be The arbeitseinsatzstab, an officers armband and is relat

?

Default ODD Armbands...

This first armband I believe to be either a fantasy piece or for a Foreman in a factory.. Thoughts?

The second is one I believe to be The arbeitseinsatzstab, an officers armband and is related to a newly (late war) formulated administrative organization named - arbeitseinsatzverwaltung. Thoughts on this piece? Of course these are the only photos I have. Although - I have seen one other one with the exact same construction. odd - but the "cuff title" is sewn right into the armband, as was the one I saw. I have not seen any period examples of its wear - so its a bit foreign to ODD Armbands...me.. Anyone have any experience with this one??

ODD Armbands...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ODD Armbands...
    P
    Many

?

Here is one that was listed by hiscoll. You will need better pictures to get a proper response. Inside and out. From what I can see, the arbeits (labour mobilization staff) looks good......IMO.

The other I have not encounterd or researched yet.

ODD Armbands...

?

Thanks man - that is the exact one that I saw. Just haven't seen any others.

I will not be able to get any more photos. I'm concerned with "existence" at this point. Especially with the Foreman one.

I also didn't see a "price" for the one on Hiscols either....?

?

Here is another rad armband, I have not seen any period photos of it, but it is legit. It has the same construction as the title on your armband.

ODD Armbands...

As to price, we usually do not discuss that on this forum.....but.... I have seen the following todt armband listed for almost 600 us. I would guess yours would be close to that.

ODD Armbands...

?

Thanks!

I realize we don't discuss price- I was asking if you saw what Hiscol had theirs listed for. No worries. I do realize the armband I posted is a lot harder to find than the Org. Todt one.

Thanks for your time!....

?

No problem Duff. Hope I helped. Great piece by the way.

Quote by Duff View Post
    This first armband I believe to be either a fantasy piece or for a Foreman in a factory.. Thoughts?
    The term Rangierleiter roughly translates as "shunting controller". This refers to the person in charge of coordination/communication between railway personnel undertaking shunting work at railway facilities and responsible for giving orders/signals to engine drivers.

?

HPL - appreciate the info! I read that this word can be used for "shunting" or "Foreman." I like you explanation! Have you seen one like this before?.....

Thanks!

Quote by Duff View Post
    HPL - appreciate the info! I read that this word can be used for "shunting" or "Foreman."
    No, definitely not. A foreman is a Vorarbeiter.

Rangierleiter is a composite noun formed from rangieren, which means to shunt, switch, maneuver etc. and Leiter which means leader, head, controller, manager etc.

Quote by Duff View Post
    I like you explanation! Have you seen one like this before?.....
    No; but this is outside my collecting interests.

?

Roger, copy all!

Thank You for your comments!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast