Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Opinions on NSDAP wool armband

Article about: Hi guys, I wonder if I could pick your brains with regard to the authenticity of this armband. I'm afraid I've not handled many of these over the years to make a solid judgement, thanking yo

Default Opinions on NSDAP wool armband

Hi guys, I wonder if I could pick your brains with regard to the authenticity of this armband. I'm afraid I've not handled many of these over the years to make a solid judgement, thanking you for your help, Paul.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinions on NSDAP wool armband   Opinions on NSDAP wool armband  

Opinions on NSDAP wool armband   Opinions on NSDAP wool armband  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinions on NSDAP wool armband
    P
    Many

looks a good one to me.

WIth the pictures provided it does appear OK.

Genuine period example
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

JMM
    ?

Nice wool armband in good condition with correct RZM tag "D" letter

Thankyou for your help guys, will post some close ups when it arrives !

Hi Guys,
    Armband arrived this morning ! Put it under a UV light no glow at all, has a very distinct old, dusty smell about it too. The circle appears to be slightly taller than it is wide, if that makes sense. The RZM label appears to be made of a slight waxproof type paper, under magnification, is this common ? I wonderedwhat the 343 means to the right of the label & 294811 underneath it, is it possible to figure out a date of manafacture & a maker from this info, also wondered what the A, in the lower left corner stands for & the U4 (N4 ?) in german script, to the right of the RZM mark stands for too ? Interestingly, the stitching at the back of the armband (that joins the 2 ends together) is SA/Party brown, would this have been done, do you think by the original owner, or would have been issued as such ? Thankyou, Paul
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinions on NSDAP wool armband   Opinions on NSDAP wool armband  

Opinions on NSDAP wool armband   Opinions on NSDAP wool armband  

Opinions on NSDAP wool armband  

343 would be the code of the manufacturer and I don't know of any definitive list of such manufacturer codes, perhaps another member can help in that regard.

The 294811 is the serial number attached to your individual piece and doesn't mean more than that as far as I'm aware.

The stitching, being 'SA/Party brown' seems quite common (my example is the same) so probably indicates the general colour of uniform many of these kampfbinde were attached to (housing block air-raid wardens for example).

Iconic piece, nice armband.
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Thankyou for your information Glen, very much appreciated, Paul

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast