Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Ortsgruppe Political Leader kampfbinde for review authentication

Article about: found this one in the classifieds , described as a political leaders armband. pictures are not the best i am awaiting more pictures from the seller. there is blue cord piping on the edges ,,

Default Ortsgruppe Political Leader kampfbinde for review authentication

found this one in the classifieds , described as a political leaders armband. pictures are not the best i am awaiting more pictures from the seller. there is blue cord piping on the edges ,, but there is no gold border around the centerpiece or centerpiece.

is this acceptable? paper tag looks ok, seller is not too tech savy. awaiting more pictures , i thought id post this as a jumping off point.
    hopefully coleman can provide some more insight as to authenticate this possible leaders armband with no gold border on centerpiece .....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ortsgruppe Political Leader kampfbinde for review authentication   Ortsgruppe Political Leader kampfbinde for review authentication  

Ortsgruppe Political Leader kampfbinde for review authentication  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ortsgruppe Political Leader kampfbinde for review authentication
    P
    Many

This is the 1939 model for a political leader candidate. However, the white disc should have a gilt piping around it. I have my doubts on this piece based upon the images provided. By the way, "coleman" might be the name of the butler, which I am not. I would appreciate being addressed by my full name or Mr.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Mr. Bob coleman i apreciate your response, terribly sorry about the name thing...

i have seen similar pieces discussed here on the forum that had no gold piping on the centerpiece that checked out ok. kind of odd that some are deemed ok and some not. is there a known variant without any gold piping?

i shall try to get better pictures from the seller as i realize the pictures are sub standard , i do not think the seller realizes how important good pictures are
    Last edited by chuck303; 10-09-2016 at 02:32 AM.

?

Completely agree with Bob , should have the gold trim around the Swaz - possibly a better picture of the Swaz area would solve the problem as sometimes the gold trim is very light .

Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

I am not too sure just what to make of this armband. The blue piping does, naturally, indicate an Orts level, but as said, the lack of the gold trim is puzzling. I would not be too quick to dismiss it, however. It being unstitched would tell us that it is an unissued piece, so at first I wondered if it could have been an unfinished piece as well, but the paper tag being fixed on the back of the roundel would eliminate this possibility. I am almost certain that I have seen such a configuration but it was many years ago and I did not pick it up then and so paid little close attention to it and remember next to nothing of it's origins. I think that this may merit some deeper researching. Not to slight in the least Bob or Horst's copious knowledge, but there are extremely advanced collectors that specialize in Only armbands and it may be worthwhile to seek one of them out to ask before you give up on this band.
    Last edited by Wagriff; 10-09-2016 at 04:08 AM.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

ok gentlemen, the only reason i question the armband with, and without the gold trim around the centerpiece is because i have seen one discussed here on the forum that looked the same. 'blue trim no gold' and it was deemed acceptable. i wonder if this piece had been cut or torn so it would appear un sewn ? i will have to get better pics or meet with the seller

i will try to get more pictures, the seller has no clue how to barely use a camera as we can tell from the pictures above lol.
    so here is the link i dug up from the forum. same armband no gold trim described as acceptable.

this is where it gets confusing,,, because bob coleman states that the piece in the link provided is an original and the one i may purchase is the exact same. i would assume 4 piece construction band of wool, swaz, white roundel , blue piping . 'have to get better pictures when i meet with the seller.

another question ? when would the paper tag have been glued to the back of the kampfbinde?
    as soon as production was finished ? or when someone was issued the kampfbinde ?

armband with blue trim

Paper tags were glued on at the end of production. To do so when issued would have been cumbersome and inefficient. But, at any rate, there you have it-to Quote Bob, it's "an armband worn by a political leader candidate at the Ortsgruppen or local level utilized with the 4th pattern 1939 NSDAP political leader uniform insignia". I totally agree. Obviously, a pretty uncommon piece and well worth considering if the price is good.
    William

did ya see the link showing the piece without gold around the centerpiece? just confusing how one without gold piping around the centerpiece would be considered good in another post here on the forum. and mine without gold piping is bad????? am i missing something here?

I would suggest buying it if the price were good. Am not too sure about the seller, though, as he seems to have nail polish on....but, hey...
    William

so are we agreed an original may and may not have gold pipng around the centerpiece ? he is asking 250.

seller can not use a cell phone and had a friend take some quick shots of the piece , so i will meet the seller tomorrow and update with more pictures tomorrow

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast