Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Party-Sleeve Bands

Article about: Guys, here are two sleeve bands (Standard armband shown for reference); never believed this type was real until I got these two from veterans. Thought you'd like to see... Best, Hal

Hal
    ?

Default Party-Sleeve Bands

Guys, here are two sleeve bands (Standard armband shown for reference); never believed this type was real until I got these two from veterans. Thought you'd like to see... Best, Hal
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Party-Sleeve Bands   Party-Sleeve Bands  

Party-Sleeve Bands   Party-Sleeve Bands  

Party-Sleeve Bands  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Party-Sleeve Bands
    P
    Many

Default Re: Party-Sleeve Bands

nice armbands hal i have one also that came from the usa with a hj pennant the collector had 8 of them and claimed they came from a vet with other flags and the hj pennant.

regards ewan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Party-Sleeve Bands  

Hal
    ?

Ewan, a nice original example you have there. Thanks for showing. Hal PS: I like the plate.

thanks hal,yes i agree a cheap but very nice piece of TR history

regards ewan

The narrow armbands were issued to auxillaries woring under the direction of the local political leader. I have never heard the rumor that these did not exist in period. They have been around ever since I began collecting so many years ago. I have purchased numerous examples during that time directly from veterans. Many examples are ink stamped indicating the job the individual was doing for the NSDAP.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Hal
    ?

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    The narrow armbands were issued to auxillaries woring under the direction of the local political leader. I have never heard the rumor that these did not exist in period. They have been around ever since I began collecting so many years ago. I have purchased numerous examples during that time directly from veterans. Many examples are ink stamped indicating the job the individual was doing for the NSDAP.
    I've explained my reasons Bob; what's your point!

Quote by Hal View Post
    I've explained my reasons Bob; what's your point!

Just curious as to why you had thought they were fake. I was also clarifying what purpose these armbands served. Nothing to get your knickers in a knot over.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Hal
    ?

Just curious as to why you had thought they were fake. I was also clarifying what purpose these armbands served. Nothing to get your knickers in a knot over.
    Try posing it as a question next time instead of a statement and maybe you'll get an answer.

I encountered these as a young pup collector in the mid 1960s. They are the orange red with a distinct smell from the dye that no fake has ever properly imitated. The Politische Bereitschaft is a well known formation of the NSDAP, especially in the social welfare roles attendant to the air war and its effect on German cities.