Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Red Armband

Article about: Please forgive me if I have posted in the wrong section but I have read a number of posts here and it seems appropriate. I have a red armband with a black swastika on a white roundel. The ba

Default Red Armband

Please forgive me if I have posted in the wrong section but I have read a number of posts here and it seems appropriate.

I have a red armband with a black swastika on a white roundel. The band appears to be cotton, while the swastika and circle seem to be a similar material, but I am not sure.

The armband is machine sewn and the circle looks to be hand sewn.

No markings of any kind. I would be grateful for any opinions about this piece.

ThomasRed ArmbandRed ArmbandRed ArmbandRed Armband

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Red Armband
    P
    Many

Hi Mate,
    The roundel seems small, in comparison to what is normally seen, as is the swaz contruction, not seen the black cloth roundel on the back before either....unusual ?
    Regards
    Paul

RMD
    ?

I have to agree with Paul. Very unique construction. Unlike any I have seen before.. Perhaps some early SA trooper had his wife make the armband for an upcoming rally, and this is just the way she went about it? Using what she had handy in the construction?

Thanks for posting the photo. For sure, one to look back on if another of this type pops up.

Take care.