Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SA Armband W/ unusual ink stamp.

Article about: Guys, had this armband for a while and unable to identify the stamp. Thought you'd like to have a look. Regards, Hal

Hal
    ?

Default SA Armband W/ unusual ink stamp.

Guys, had this armband for a while and unable to identify the stamp. Thought you'd like to have a look. Regards, Hal
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA Armband W/ unusual ink stamp.  
    Attached Images Attached Images SA Armband W/ unusual ink stamp.  SA Armband W/ unusual ink stamp. 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Armband W/ unusual ink stamp.
    P
    Many

Default Re: SA Armband W/ unusual ink stamp.

Very nice. It is an issue stamp from a school.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Thought I'd bump this, for a very good reason.
    There has been a lot of debate in the past as to stamps seen on NSDAP armbands. I for one was always a bit sceptical, as i believed that most were there to enhance the sale, however look what I found......................

My apologise Bob, if I ever doubted you in the past. I know that you are one of the few experts in this field and this just goes to prove that you are

Happy holidays
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA Armband W/ unusual ink stamp.   SA Armband W/ unusual ink stamp.  

SA Armband W/ unusual ink stamp.   SA Armband W/ unusual ink stamp.  

John-
    A very nice picture you found. It seems as though the thoughts about enhanced armbands by stamping them started in your part of the world as I never heard that thought in the States.
    I still wonder what happened to the one I used to own that was double stamped "Reichsparteitag 1933" and "Reichsparteitag 1934." Merry Christmas to all!
    As to the "expert" title, I will let that crown sit on someone else's head. Too mu ch responsibility goes with that name. I just try to forward to the collecting community what I have seen over my many years of collecting.
    BOB

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    John-
    A very nice picture you found. It seems as though the thoughts about enhanced armbands by stamping them started in your part of the world as I never heard that thought in the States.
    I still wonder what happened to the one I used to own that was double stamped "Reichsparteitag 1933" and "Reichsparteitag 1934." Merry Christmas to all!
    As to the "expert" title, I will let that crown sit on someone else's head. Too mu ch responsibility goes with that name. I just try to forward to the collecting community what I have seen over my many years of collecting.
    No Bob, the crown goes to you.

I've got so much wrong in the past it's laughable, but at least I can still smile.

At least I admit it when it have doubts. You have always said it, and now I've proved it. Happy hols

very nice period proof john i always believed there was genuine ink stamps on armbands from the period,but just alot over this end of the world is stamped with fake document stamps from the places we all know of to enhance for more money from new collecters,and surely not every ink stamped armband in the usa and other places are 100% original?.

regards ewan

Hi Ewan, ink stamps are certainly period and original. This is without doubt. But fakes most certainly exist too and the world over. No one place has the monopoly of original items.

I have one ink stamped armband in my collection, not a political one, but a printed Deutsche Wehrmacht armband. But the stamp is so washed out that it is no longer readable.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Ewan, ink stamps are certainly period and original. This is without doubt. But fakes most certainly exist too and the world over. No one place has the monopoly of original items.

I have one ink stamped armband in my collection, not a political one, but a printed Deutsche Wehrmacht armband. But the stamp is so washed out that it is no longer readable.

Cheers, Ade.

hi ade my thoughts exactly mate i also had two armbands with original ink stamps and i have showed them here.

regards ewan

Information from those who collected in he early days of collecting in the 1950's and 60's these days is too easily discounted by newer collectors. Those who were there at the begining of the collecting saw much material that had not been tampered with. At that time, material was abundant and collectors were few. These were not the conditions for a serious attempt at fakery.
    BOB

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    Information from those who collected in he early days of collecting in the 1950's and 60's these days is too easily discounted by newer collectors. Those who were there at the begining of the collecting saw much material that had not been tampered with. At that time, material was abundant and collectors were few. These were not the conditions for a serious attempt at fakery.
    hi bob i would agree with you here! and those days must have been sweet times aswell , i enjoy hearing older collectors tell of the early days and prices makes me dream and ofcourse it was most all original militaria.

regards ewan

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast