Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

SA-Reserve armband

Article about: I've even heard of these as early SS - but these are strictly SA reserve armbands used by older man of the sturmabteilung. I'll attach a pic with some info on the group. I have two of these

Default SA-Reserve armband

I've even heard of these as early SS - but these are strictly SA reserve armbands used by older man of the sturmabteilung. I'll attach a pic with some info on the group.
    I have two of these armbands....both original - but with a different construction.
    Displays nicely with my dagger and other SA related items.
    Cheers!

Rob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA-Reserve armband   SA-Reserve armband  

Attached Images Attached Images SA-Reserve armband  SA-Reserve armband  SA-Reserve armband 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA-Reserve armband
    P
    Many

Default Re: SA-Reserve armband

Here's my second example. Sorry if the pics aren't that great on some of the closeups (not natural light when I took them). This example has a much nicer quality construction.

Cheers!

Rob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA-Reserve armband   SA-Reserve armband  

SA-Reserve armband   SA-Reserve armband  

SA-Reserve armband  
    Attached Images Attached Images SA-Reserve armband 

Rob-
    Two nice examples of a seldom encountered armband. As the SA was drained of manpower by the demands of the war, many reserve units were changed to active units. Attached are pictures of a reserve bevo armband that a frugile SA man changed to eflect his active status.

BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

That is really cool Bob! Great Bevo example that shows that people were pinching their pennies back then just as we do now! I have a similar type of situation with an SS armband - it was lengthened on the back in order to accomodate a coat instead of a shirt....or perhaps for some other reason.
    Here's a quick pic.....I can see the SS man's wife putting her foot down and saying "You don't need another armband - give me that one and I'll fix it up for you!" hahahahaha

Glad you like the armbands buddy! Cheers!

Rob

SA-Reserve armband  

One has been offered to me in very nice condition but i am not sure what a reasonable price would be. He also had made the mistake as offering to me as an SS reserve Sound familiar Rob?

Thanks for showing me all of yours.

Ty

Hey TY! Yes, I've heard that these were used by SS but I don't buy into that. The black was much too predominant and important in their regalia to go with grey. I've not seen/read any reference out there that speaks of this armband as being SS.
    I think these go for about $200-$250 give or take nowadays.
    Cheers!

Rob

Rob-
    I would bet that the armband who was an early member and wore this armband on his brownshirt. I think your thought with regards to wear on a mantel is a good one.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Thanks Bob.....Cheers man!

Rob

very nice bands as per rob mate