Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SA Wehrmannschaften Armband

Article about: SA Wehrmannschaften Armband,.retains its RZM tag an un-issued piece. silas

Default SA Wehrmannschaften Armband

SA Wehrmannschaften Armband,.retains its RZM tag an un-issued piece.

silas

SA Wehrmannschaften ArmbandSA Wehrmannschaften Armband

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Wehrmannschaften Armband
    P
    Many

Often discussed and wrongly explained as SA-Sports-armband (see thread from August 12, 2015 - question SA armband):
    This armband was, as far as I know, worn by SA-Wehrabzeichen-Gemeinschaften, which were trainig for the SA-Wehrabzeichen, related
    to SA-Wehrmannschaften and SA-Jungwehrmannschaften. As far as known they acted mainly in civil clothings (see photo from my
    friend Laurens Hessels from a magazine). Possibly this is one of the few photos where the armband is being worn.

With the regular uniform for the SA-Wehrmannschaft the usual SA armband had to be worn acoording to orders from December 6, 1939.
    The use of the armband, standardized with the woven SA sports emblem, was not allowed to be worn with the SA-Wehrmannschaft service-
    dress (Dienstanzug). As such it was noted in the Verordnungsblatt der Obersten SA-Führung from July 1, 1942 (see last lines from the publication).

In general this means to be worn by persons, reserved for the SA-Wehrmannschaft, but in civil!
    With the service-dress for the SA-Wehrmannschaft no other insignia or symbols were allowed to be worn as ordered with the introduction
    in late December 1939 (Verordnungsblatt der Obersten SA-Führung, number 123, order FO 2b Nr. 13704)

The wear of this armband was likely short lived likely due to the manpower requirements at that time in the war. The vast majority of surviving examples are found unissued and intact with their RZM tag. Evidently, great amounts of these were found and brought home as souvenirs by the Allied servicemen.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

thanks fellas ,for the information

silas

I've always thought of these armbands as extremely attractive designs. In a way, it's almost best that they Weren't all used and worn out, but have stayed relatively clean and pristine for the last 75 years or so. Nice item!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I have just discovered a new photo of one of these in wear. The photo is dated 1941 and is a press release picture showing SA Stabschef Viktor Lutze with a man wearing one. I will be selling it at work on March 19th.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!