Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Suspected Armband Fakes

Article about: I was offered these recently from a very eager seller in Germany. I suspect they are all fake. Most appear printed to me. Why have the stamp on the cloth? Was this common, or just an attempt

Default Re: Suspected Armband Fakes

Quote by lach470 View Post
    Bob....That top armband....I've never seen anything like that before. Do you have any idea what the German says in the armband? That piece is a first for me.

Cheers!

Rob
    Rob-
    The first armband "Einsatz Sturmbann" would reflect an auxillary police unit located in the town also named on the band. The other armband has an early SA stamp. Possibly, this piece was on loan to a new SA man who could not yet afford to buy his uniform. We must remember that the majority of the rank and file of the SA came from poorly paid working class households. They were on the whole young without means to buy a kepi, brownshirt, tie, belt, buckle and cross strap, breeches and boots.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Suspected Armband Fakes
    P
    Many

Default Re: Suspected Armband Fakes

Hey Bob! Thanks for that info! I completely agree about the state of the early SA men....I've seen some pics that show a pretty "rag tag lot" of SA men. Uniforms are anything but - more or less a combination of whatever they could afford.
    Thanks for the info on the armband!

Rob

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4