Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

What is this armband please?

Article about: Never seen one that colour before!

Quote by wood View Post
    Because it looks like one.
    Pete
    Wood do us a favor and help out with a reason why! " Because it looks like one" helps no one..and also shows you dont know what your talking about. Please elaborate as Bob requested !!

Be careful
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What is this armband please?
    P
    Many

Quote by wood View Post
    Because it looks like one.
    Pete
    Larry posted my exact thoughts. What does a fake armband look like? This forum is meant to be educational and negative posts without any back up are useless. I have my own thoughts on this piece but am awaiting judgement until others posts their opinions with back up. Even a noted authority such as Wilhelm Saris did not dismiss ths piece out of hand. Oddities can be junk or they can be rarities meant to be studied. It took over a half a century to finally identify the "SA Sportsarmband" as being misidentified and was actually for wear by SA Wehrmannschaft while on duty wearing civilian clothing. Those pieces are very common. Therefore, there may always something new to learn.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Hey Al,

I will reserve my Blacklight stance but have you taken a black light review to the armband to see if the greenish gray wool, roundel swastika, thread and piping are luminous? I maybe just stating an obvious step you have taken. I DO NOT know or claim to have providence about all the science behind the aniline dyes used in fabrics. I have heard Germans used a lot of Viscose (Rayon) thread for sewing things. I guess it would be nice to know if it is luminous. If it was washed ever in detergent it might glow from the phosphorus in the soap. I am intrigued by this armband and would sure like you and the forum sleuths to authenticate it.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

?

Hi Rossi,
    I have asked for better pics including the reverse, but I don't think the seller will have access to a blacklight. Depending on what the new pics show I will then have to decide where to go from there. This one is a proper little mystery!

?

It would be nice to see inside out and back side. I am a armband nut so good luck my friend and keep us posted.

Quote by alikat View Post
    Hi Rossi,
    I have asked for better pics including the reverse, but I don't think the seller will have access to a blacklight. Depending on what the new pics show I will then have to decide where to go from there. This one is a proper little mystery!

The top of the band is cut with a few lose threads,,whereas the bottom is seamed.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Larry C View Post
    The top of the band is cut with a few lose threads,,whereas the bottom is seamed.
    Could it then be a cuff with the hakenkreuz added perhaps Larry??

Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Wood do us a favor and help out with a reason why! " Because it looks like one" helps no one..and also shows you dont know what your talking about. Please elaborate as Bob requested !!
    True, armbands are not my forte, however waffling about with no direct answer doesn't help this fellow either.
    Would you buy it?
    Pete

?

More pics. Whatever it is, it looks like someone went to a lot of trouble if it is not a period piece. There even appears to be a little mothing on the reverse/plain side.
    I would certainly go for home made over factory.
    What is this armband please?What is this armband please?What is this armband please?What is this armband please?What is this armband please?

?

Al,

This might seem crazy but from the pictures IMO it looks like the RED material around the white roundel is not piping sewn on but could be from a NSDAP Party armband? Almost looks like then the red wool material from prior armband was cut out and sewn with black thread onto the gray band. In one spot you can see how that was sewn on in a small area and attached. Open to other assessments. This look has the feel of an old or early Gray ORG TODT armband shell with a NAZI Roundel sewn on or it could be just a lot of work put in to Frankenstein an armband up.

Quote by alikat View Post
    More pics. Whatever it is, it looks like someone went to a lot of trouble if it is not a period piece. There even appears to be a little mothing on the reverse/plain side.
    I would certainly go for home made over factory.
    What is this armband please?What is this armband please?What is this armband please?What is this armband please?What is this armband please?
    Last edited by Rossi; 11-20-2014 at 07:04 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast