Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

What is it. Do you know?

Article about: Not much response until now. Yes I know, it is not easy! Now a few hours later I post the letter-head for this aid-organization with its symbol with a part of the text from the letter. As to

Default What is it. Do you know?

For many, many years I had a question about an armband with an eagle-symbol
    with a coat-of-arms with a swastika included, which looks as it comes from Austria.
    There also exists a metal stickpin of the same eagle-form. Was this stuff fantasy, as
    what many thought?

What is it. Do you know? What is it. Do you know?

Maybe one of the WRF-members has an answer and so I do hope to see what
    one thinks!! To keep some persons in suspense: I know the answer, which was
    given to me by a good friend a short while ago, but has a any of you the good
    answer? As most of you have some free days, try to find out!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What is it. Do you know?
    P
    Many

From the way the question is phrased, I have the strong suspicion that it is neither Austrian (as that would be too obvious and simple) nor a fantasy design (as that would be a bit dull for an ID quiz).

I can't identify it; but if I absolutely had to make a guess, my suspicion - based on the red/white/red colors and the presence of the Swastika - would be that there is some Latvian connection. Then again, maybe I'm totally on the wrong track...

Looking forward to the answer. Don't keep us waiting too long, Wim!

?

No idea but i look forward to find out Wim.

Regards, Lars

HPL2008: it is Austrian related. The word Austria is anyway included in the title
    for the organization. And as it looks the organization may have had its offices all
    over Germany or anyway in some districts where they had a Gebietsleitung.
    To make it a little more complicated: the person named in the document was born
    in what is these days Czechoslovakia.

If no one has an answer I think I will give the answer Saturday or Sunday. This
    depends on my mood. I will proof it with a letter where the symbol is shown! For
    reason - as asked - the name in the letter will be omitted.
    I honestly must admit I had no idea at all untill my friend (from Austria) did find
    a solution in the Austrian state-archive (Staatsarchiv Österreichisch).

Certainly looks Latvian. At first I thought Latvian Youth armband then I saw this one so maybe not!

Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What is it. Do you know?  
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Nice try Woolgar!

Kampfring der Deutschostereicher im Reich. An organisation supporting the annexation of Austria by Germany, banned after the Austrian July Putsch in 1934. I think it only existed for a year or two.

I suppose these items were sold at gatherings to raise funds for the group?

KradSpam: no way, but one explanation in your answer is correct!

The wings for the stickpin are having the "correct" form; with the armband
    they are styled different. The symbol with the letter, is as for the stickpin!
    It does not have to do with the Hitler-Youth......

good shot Andy!!

A new hint: they had to do in some ways with refugees (NSDAP Flüchtlingshilfswerk), staying in the "old" German Reich!
    The NSDAP Flüchtlingshilfswerk was asked for money to help out an SS-Mann........, who had a provisional permit from
    the SS-Sammelstelle at Munich.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast