Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Another badge up for auction - HH - Karl Gutenkunst, Oranienburg M1/4

Article about: This one looks good to me, what do you think?

Default Another badge up for auction - HH - Karl Gutenkunst, Oranienburg M1/4

This one looks good to me, what do you think?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Another badge up for auction - HH -  Karl Gutenkunst, Oranienburg M1/4   Another badge up for auction - HH -  Karl Gutenkunst, Oranienburg M1/4  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Another badge up for auction - HH -  Karl Gutenkunst, Oranienburg M1/4
    P
    Many

what auction is this from?

?

According to Jo Rivett's The Party Badge book (pp.78-79), the original of this badge would have been produced around 1923-4 and so would under no circumstances have the RZM mark.

Regards, Philip

All wrong --- stay away unless you want to add a silly fake to your collection.

i think i'd avoid the actions if there selling fakes

Quote by slados28 View Post
    All wrong --- stay away unless you want to add a silly fake to your collection.
    Quote by DrPMC View Post
    According to Jo Rivett's The Party Badge book (pp.78-79), the original of this badge would have been produced around 1923-4 and so would under no circumstances have the RZM mark.

Regards, Philip
    Thanks guys, what would I do without you?
    This badge really fooled me, so it's great to learn from you. Now will I always think twice about the RZM, like "can this early badge really have an RZM marking?"

Quote by ironcross13 View Post
    i think i'd avoid the actions if there selling fakes
    It's from Tradera.se (swedish e-bay)

I got a nice original from that site not to long ago, but you have to watch out! (like always)

Yes, learn the intricacies of your field and you'll be good to go hunting anywhere, as long as you trust the seller to deliver the goods that is. Learn the facts and use your eyes, it will go a long way.

Also, slogan badges like this were not regulated so you'll never find an original with RZM markings.

Ges. Gesch/Gesetzlich Geschutzt -- Makers name/mark/symbol or no markings at all on a slogan badge = YES

RZM/RZM M1 with corresponding number on a slogan badge = NO

In this case it seems they piled markings on top of each other just to cover all bases --- rather silly.

Also; beside all the other red flags and NO NOs --- you'll never find a Gutenkunst badge with M1 markings, as he lost his license before it came fully into effect --- I'm only aware of transitional badges from this maker (RZM coupled with makers number 4 and Ges Gesch), although I'm sure there might also be early maker marked ones out there... I haven't seen any though.

yeah Ebay is a bit hit and miss.

but once you post on here the guys will tell if its fake or not.

-Martin

yeah and isnt it odd that the "z" in rzm doesnt have the line in the middle, i bought a fake party badge once upn a time and it also had the rzm but without line in the z so i guess you can use that as a rule amongst other things such as swastika placement size and shape of letters in the enamel and ofcourse the rather odd makers mark that wasnt even in use during that time etc etc regards DS

Quote by DS pzkpfwIII View Post
    yeah and isnt it odd that the "z" in rzm doesnt have the line in the middle, i bought a fake party badge once upn a time and it also had the rzm but without line in the z so i guess you can use that as a rule amongst other things such as swastika placement size and shape of letters in the enamel and ofcourse the rather odd makers mark that wasnt even in use during that time etc etc regards DS
    Hmm. So you mean that the Z should always have a line in the middle? If not, it's a fake?
    To me, that sounds wrong because I seen a lot of good ones in The Official,unoffical...thread
    that haves the RZM without the line in the Z

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast